Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soiled the sheets yesterday, won't load(6 disc factory player) rack is empty no light on. Do I take a saws all vs. dash removal to get it out? Is there a service available? or is a new aftermarket replacement better idea?

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,798 Posts
I think there are places to get it repaired but do not know where they are. It requires removal of the upper dash to get it out, which is a tedious task at best. The instructions are available on Dicktator's One Drive. It is up to you to decide if it is worth it. I suspect there are some units out there to be bought so it could be a swap, like for like. Good luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just did a repair search for the unit and for $179 they'll repair it 24 hr return with warrantee. I'm not up to tearing out the dash to get at it. My mechanic is good at under dash crap so I'll show him Dicktators dash removal and see if he's interested. Other than that it's back to a sawsall (maybe a small one)!

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Given the difference in cost repair vs replacement I opted to replace. The new ones have the option for more recent tech features such as, satellite radio, Bluetooth, DVD, backup camera and GPS. There are several threads here on the site that offer good discussions of the pros and cons.

·
Super Moderator
14,094 Posts
If my OEM unit crapped out I would replace it with a Navi unit of some type - Pioneer seems popular
I would get it done professionally as it seems most cannot get the airbag cover back in without it looking warped

1 - 5 of 5 Posts