Chevy SSR Forum banner

DEADWOOD UPDATE 05/16/21

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Troy Toy 
#1 · (Edited)
Three weeks from now we should be arriving in Deadwood. No fuel shortage . No Mask restrictions. Hopefully good weather. .Attached is a list of attendees. Names circled still have rooms at the Lodge as of today, I have not heard from theses people. Headcounts have been submitted for food and train ride. If you are one of these people I need to know ASAP if your attending. I have been ask about the menu at the Alpine Inn and restaurant at Mt Rushmore. The Alpine has 2 Items on the menu. Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon and Kars Spaetzle Primerva (German Dumplings. & swiss cheese with steam vegetables). and delicious deserts. The restaurant at Mt Rushmore is Dakota kitchen. If you choose to try another restaurant please let me know. See you at the M&G Sunday June 6th at 5:00 at the Lodge. IMPORTANT KEEP TRACK OF YOUR MILAGE FROM HOME TO DEADWOOD.
Rectangle Font Parallel Paper product Slope
Font Number Pattern Parallel Document
Font Number Symmetry Pattern Parallel
Font Pattern Parallel Circle Number

See less See more
#5 ·
No problem, I see you're signed up for the meet and greet and the train ride. You can send me a check for $98 or PayPal family and friends. The Alpine Inn and Mount Rushmore dinners you pay then. If you need addresses let me know. Thanks see you there. Robert

#7 · (Edited)
I MAY NOT NEED PLAN "B"
I was finally able to get good mechanic to look at Truck. He checked everything, grounds, wiring, power, fuses, etc. We had power and ground going to the ECM but his computer could not communicate with the ECM. Diagnosis, bad ECM. I had trouble locating a service that could provide a programed ECM for the Truck. Finally found Flagship one in NY. Supposed to ship in 3 days, 4 days shipping, $749. Today they e-mailed that the computer would be shipped in "a few business days".

But the company in NY that I sent my old ECM to for repair ($225) e-mailed me that the ECM had shipped and should arrive Friday. (maybe). They said the ECM board was ok and that it was a software issue. They repaired the software, reprogramed it. They said it may been a manufacture fault or caused by a fault in the vehicle. They recommended that we inspect or replace anything electrical in contact with the ECM that had evidenced malfunction or symptoms. So I already have a replacement programed TCM and PNP switch. We will install the old TCM and keep the other one for a spare if (when) it arrives.
OH, the Plan "B" is a cardboard sign placed in the windshield to the XT5 that says:
2007 SSR
VERY RARE
1 0F 1.
I missed Maggie, I am not missing Deadwood.
Jack

#8 ·
@jackatg450 , Great to see that it appears you are going to be good to go for Deadwood! I sure hope I don't have any of your problems because I don't have a clue to what all you were writing about! 😱

Reactions: Firetruck
#9 ·
ECM = Engine Control Module. The computer that controls all of the engine functions.
TCM = Transmission Control Module. The computer that controls the transmission.
PNP = Park -Neutral- Position Switch. Mounted on the side of the transmission, the shifter shaft that changes the gears goes thru it, it tells the Transmission Control Module what gear the shifter has selected in the transmission.
Jack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.