Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead

I have had a contract and a $1,000 deposit with a local dealership just outside of Houston, Texas for 1 1/2 years to purchase the first SSR at MSRP.

I called them on Monday, March 24, 2003, and my contact confirmed that the information was now in VOMS and he could submit my order. We spent a lot of time on the phone picking out the options, colors, etc. He told me that it was now in Chevrolets hands and he would notify me when he received a production date. He also told me that they were going to get two SSRs and that they had sold the second place in line for $6,000 over MSRP and that management was upset that they had sold me the first SSR at MSRP.

To my surprise, I received a certified letter with a refund of my deposit on March 28, 2003. Stating that they could not order the vehicle for me and were refunding my deposit. I had requested at the time the contract was written that I could get my deposit back if I cancelled the order. The dealership agreed and worded the contract to say that the deposit was refundable until the "order was submitted and that after the order was submitted the deposit was not refundable". We all knew the spirit of this statement was to allow me to get my deposit back in case the SSR was never built or if something else happened prior to my submission of the order. It was not to allow the dealership to hold my money for 1 1/2 years and then realize that they could make more money on the SSR and breach the contract.

They told me that the order was "rejected" by Chevrolet; however, they would or could not show me the rejection and refused to give me the name and phone number of someone at Chevrolet to confirm what they were saying is true.

I am contending that I did submit the order to the dealership and that the dealership submitted the order to Chevrolet via the VOMS and the letter of the contract says that it is not refundable after the order is "submitted".

Does anyone know how the VOMS works? What happens after the order is entered into VOMS? Is it then submitted to Chevrolet? Does Chevrolet acknowledge the order? What is happining to others of you out there that have had your orders entered into VOMS?

Does anyone have any names or phone numbers at Chevorlet that I could talk to about the way this dealership is treating me?

thanks,

·
Registered
413 Posts
your dealer is probally lying to you because no allotments have yet been released no dealer can place an order yet get your lawyer involved and name the dealer to everybody so they can be boycotted on other sales If enough people know how the dealer treats people maybe they wont buy other vehicles from them. There are some honorable dealers out there and some crooks .Let people know who the crooks are

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
dohyatt said:
your dealer is probally lying to you because no allotments have yet been released no dealer can place an order yet get your lawyer involved and name the dealer to everybody so they can be boycotted on other sales If enough people know how the dealer treats people maybe they wont buy other vehicles from them. There are some honorable dealers out there and some crooks .Let people know who the crooks are
Your dealer does know his allocations for the 2003 and 2004 model year. And my guess he is knows that he can sell it for way over MSRP, so he is going to sell it to the highest bidder. As far as the ordering goes they can start ordering them in May. It's the same old adage (supply and demand)! It's not right but!

:cuss

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Talk to a lawyer. It will be cheaper for them to sell you the SSR at MSRP than to fight a lawsuit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts