Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For what it is worth:

My Dealer called today to let me know that my SSR (#52) was built on 9/11 and that GM is not going to release the car for sale, along with approx. 110 or 111 other SSRs. Did not know the reason behind the hold. Said that I had been given a new build date but I did not even listen to it. I just hope that it shows up one day........

S

·
0 Posts
You seriously own all those cars??

Wow, that is an impressive list. You must have achieved some very good financial success.

Is there a story behind you collection??

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well...after waiting for 2 plus weeks the dealer calls and is informed that my SSR has been held back, along with 110 or 111 other SSR and will not be released. I was told that I would be given a new build date this week. This is really starting to wear on me.

To make matters worse, 3 hours after receiving the news, the wife and I are driving into Fort Worth on I 20 and she says "Isn't that one of those SSRs?". I look over into the east bound lanes and sure enough a Yellow SSR is passing us. Thought none had been delivered. If I did not have a deal below msrp I would walk on this deal.

Smokin Steve - "Is there a story behind you collection??"

It is really more of an accumulation than a collection. A few years ago the wife asked me why I had to trade cars every 3 to 6 months, so I told her I would stop trading. Built me a 40 x 110 foot garage and started keeping them. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts