Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should one expect to pay the dealer for installation costs for factory optional equipment such as the running boards and the accessory gauge package when taking delivery of an '05 SSR? Is the installation cost already included in the option cost? Cleavermodels

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Let's see,

Neither the hitch or cargo area options require tools to install or remove.
The running boards only need the right size wrench.
The windscreen only needs the right size socket wrench.

Only the Gage Cluster requires a level of effort that could be offputting. Except for that, there really isn't anything that warrants a worry about self installation.

Yes, you should expect the dealer to have installed any options that were ordered with the vehicle.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Factory Dealer Installed Options

Thank you for this advice. I will use it when finalizing the details of the deal. Cleavermodels

·
Registered
186 Posts
Accessorys

undefinedundefinedundefined :rant Well when your making your deal good luck.You need to ask Dealer to show you trailer wire hook up most Dealers don't even know where it is so i took mine in to find the wiring harness which requires a Male plug adpt well they charged me 50.00 bucks for that and the plug cost like 7.95 my parts dept was amazed.I told them the price for guage install from here they said those are the prices back east lol so that cost a few bucks.But all the rest is self installtion at home with a few min to spare hope this helps.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer Installed Factory Options

I spoke with the dealer this am and there is no charge for the installation of the running boards or the accessory gauge package since they were ordered with the vehicle and the factory pays the dealer for the installation. Thanks to all who gave me guidance. Cleavermodels

·
Registered
111 Posts
Cleavermodels:

Tell us what you ordered? Do you have a build date? When do you expect to take delivery?

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts