Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have just spent the last 1/2 hour catching up on recent posts. I came across threads regarding dealers reflashing the onboard computers to reduce torque. I had some very minor warrenty work done to my '04, reinstalled the factory tune, and sent my predator back to diablo for updates and revisions. When I got the predator back from diablo and reinstalled the performance tune the wot response from a standing start was laughable. Have I been a victim of dealer reflashing? I have been talking bad about diablo screwing up my programer. Has this been a common problem with others? peace Bud :cool

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
rgtrough said:
Hey guys, I have just spent the last 1/2 hour catching up on recent posts. I came across threads regarding dealers reflashing the onboard computers to reduce torque. I had some very minor warrenty work done to my '04, reinstalled the factory tune, and sent my predator back to diablo for updates and revisions. When I got the predator back from diablo and reinstalled the performance tune the wot response from a standing start was laughable. Have I been a victim of dealer reflashing? I have been talking bad about diablo screwing up my programer. Has this been a common problem with others? peace Bud :cool

The Predator did almost nothing for my SSR from the get go......(at least in my 0-60 tests)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Predator response

Hey Wow, thanks for the reply. The problem is that before I reinstalled the factory tune and had the work done at the dealer I was thrilled with the improvements provided by the predator. It was after the warrenty work was performed and I received the programer back from dialbo that the poor wot problem reared it's ugly head. Bud :cool

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
Bud: I have heard that dealer reflashing of the 05 is pretty common, but had not heard that they were doing it to 03 or 04s.

Of course, GM is not all that predictable . . .

Jim G

1 - 4 of 4 Posts