Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles did everyone have on there SSR when they picked it up at the dealerships. Do they run them for a bit as a test. Or is that mileage from the sales staff running it around town.

·
Registered
413 Posts
2 miles and I put them on it Idrove it from the transporter to service dept

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
My Redline Red had 10 or so. The dealer's wife put them on there. No mechanics or salesmen were allowed to drive it. I let the salesmen drive it with me. (nice, huh) Now, my Ricochet only had about two or three. Supposedly no one drove it, but me.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
The dealers in this area kind of frown on joyrides. One of the sales guys I talked to was fired for taking an SSR around the block when he was supposed to move it off the lot into the garage for the night.

·
Registered
407 Posts
i think it was about 4. it does seem like no one is letting these cars off the showroom floor or lot.

it also seems to suggest that most are being bought without test drives. I 'tested' mine but the salesguy knew i was a serious buyer.

rick

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mine had 8 miles. The dealer had a purple one that had been on several test drives, but my slingshot yellow was up on a lift so it was never driven off the lot. I don't think they want people just driving them around. They insisted that a salesman come on the test drive.

·
Registered
705 Posts

(I was going to put just the 2 but it said the message I have written was too short and lengthen it, that's about the only time some has told me to talk more, my wife will be proud of me :lol )

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
3 Miles.....
It was the third Dealer I contacted and
the Fleet Manager is a #3 Fan (Earnhardt), like me. :thumbs

·
Registered
349 Posts
Delivery Mileage

Mine had 32 miles when I picked it up. My dealer swears that they received it that way. He had read somewhere that the first 500 or so (mine is an '03, #369) received some additional testing and checkout. Don't know for sure. :skep

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
zainossr said:
That is what I always heard - "third time is the charm."
Hey, ZAINOSSR,
Nice Silver bullet,:cool that was my 1st choice at 1st Dealer, but they would'nt go below 15,000 over sticker.

Forgot to mention it, My SSR a "2003" model.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
12. Mine had 12 miles on it. And mine was purchased from a dealer in Wisconsin, shipped out here to California, and I bought it from a dealer here. When I did a test drive, I drove a red one that was returned by some guy and it had a few hundred miles on it. I think I put 10 miles on it when I test drove it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts