Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
What they are gonna charge you!

:banghead I called several other dealers to find out what it would cost to "Reserve an SSR" and most of them want at the very least, $58,000.00. I expected the first to be over sticker but this is way beyond expectations. The dealer that I have a deposit with is charging even more than that. Maybe in about a year or two they will be more realistically priced. They can't give the the T-birds away after only two years so I figure this puppy will go the same route. Let's hope so.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
MSRP

:banghead Good grief man....pretty much everyone here knows what the MSRP is and you are correct. My point is that there is not a dealer out there who is going to sell them at that for at the very least, the next two years from now. Supply is low, demand is high, and those suckers are gonna bleed ya for all they can get. If I could find an honest dealer that would sell me one at MSRP I would do it. MY ceiling is 45K and they won't even take that. Looks like my hopes of getting one are zilch. Not much future in it. I hope you rich boys and girls out there enjoy your new toy. Another great idea pushed beyond the means of the ordinary man. Hell, 45K isn't all that ordinary either, but then, I don't have 58K to piss down the drain on something that will be worhtless as soon as a mini cooper crashes into it.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
How much?

So you guys have a few coming that are not sold eh? Just how much are you guys selling them for? To all you dealers out there reading this forum, I am willing to pay 45K for an SSR. If you are interested let me know, otherwise, I will wait till hell freezes over before paying over that.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Not for resale!

:boxing Listen, I am not at all interested in buying one and reselling it. I just want to buy one for cryin out loud! My problem is that I can only cough up 45K and they want at least 50K at every dealership in the state of Va. Is there any dealer out there willing to take 45K for an SSR? Probably not the first year but next summer, I may have a shot. I just wish that they would sell cars at MSRP like so many of the foreign car dealerships do and be done with this haggling business. When we bought our mini, there was none of this Jack up the price garbage and they were in very short supply too. Basically, whoever had their deposit down first got their mini first. I have had a deposit on an SSR for way over a year now and nada! No hope, no deal and certainly little or no information from any chevy dealerships.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts