Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a close competition, our winner managed to run away with this. Congratulations to our December winner...

Cash

"Kate" - named after Katherine Hepburn - "A Haughty Redhead"

2006 Final Production Run 6sp Manual
#336/424 MY2006
#47/826 total Final Production Run SSR's
#27/115 total FPR's

#15/151 Total Redline 6sp
#7/26 Total FPR 6sp

Those are her numbers - not exactly rare, but all SSR's are a bit rare!

Kate and I haven't done a ton of mod's.
Some of the items added I purchased for my first SSR but never installed.
I was a bit hesitant to add much to Kate - wanting to keep her more or less original.
Here are a few:
- Rear Differential gears - 4.56 Yukon gears install (home install with my brother)
- Full cab sound deadening
- #49 tail light mods from Lonnie (Sinister)
- Lighted flamed windscreen from Gary Peterson - Florida Stainless
- Front & Rear spoilers by eric-mpd1
- Brian Bortle changed my cargo light and fuse
- Ken (birdman) sent me a soft bag to put at the cargo head
- Mike's radiator support & heat shield
- Trailblazer crossmember
- Shortened shifter by 2"

Basically, I just look after her.
She is my daily driver in the driving months - March to December.
Fortunately we can pick our days - avoid rain etal.
She is looked after - to say the least.
She gets cue tip treatment in all hard to access areas
You get the idea - she is loved as most of our SSR's are!

Kate has the important options to look for on an SSR:
- Chrome Wheels
- Boards - Body Colour
- Console Gauges - Body Colour
- Carpeted cargo area

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Way to go Cash...you did much better in this competition than you did in the SSR Fantasy Football League!! LOL
And yes, I am aware that I took last place...all part of my grand master plan to get the first round draft pick!!

Kate is a beauty!!! Mazzy would like to meet her soon!!!

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Close competition ??? The last time I checked the results, Cash had more votes than the other 2 entrants combined. Your Arithmetic must be a little rusty. Anyway ... CONGRATULATIONS Cash ... you DO have a beautiful Redline Red SSR and are a deserving winner !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr Hey, come stateside sometime, to one of the Rally's and show it off. As Dinah Shore used to sing "See The USA In Your Chevrolay" :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: Bob Alexander

·
Premium Member
3,679 Posts
Hey all Red Turns Heads again !

All nice SSR's congrats to all.

Cash your late entry paid off, congrats on the win and the great looking RED truck.

All should remember a good description helps as does the 5 pictures.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,347 Posts
Congratulations Cash! I agree that the 5 pictures makes a big difference.

Now that the January contest has recognized that I hope we get more participation.

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,559 Posts
Close competition ??? The last time I checked the results, Cash had more votes than the other 2 entrants combined. Your Arithmetic must be a little rusty. Anyway ... CONGRATULATIONS Cash ... you DO have a beautiful Redline Red SSR and are a deserving winner !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr Hey, come stateside sometime, to one of the Rally's and show it off. As Dinah Shore used to sing "See The USA In Your Chevrolay" :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: Bob Alexander
Bob you certainly have an eye for detail....Thanks for dotting the I's and crossing the T's, you must have been an auditor in your last life!!:glol:glol:glol

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Bob you certainly have an eye for detail....Thanks for dotting the I's and crossing the T's, you must have been an auditor in your last life!!:glol:glol:glol
Thank you. Actually, this web site is a place for me to have fun and express my feelings. If i pee somebody off so be it, if I pee off the "Board of Director's" so be it but, the truth is I enjoy expressing a compliment to an SSRfanatic more than anything. Hope 2018 is a great year for you and all the fanatics. tennesseecozydog - Bob Alexander :ssr

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,304 Posts
Congrats to "Kate" and Dale! Like CruDawg I would also like to meet the two of you in person! :ssr:blue:

·
Super Moderator
13,908 Posts
Thanks for the compliments everyone! :sunce:

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
43,630 Posts
:banana:cheer::banana:cheer::banana

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Way to go Dale. Kate, Really Is a Houghty Lady. Since you have Kate all polished up and detailed, You have let me off the hook at Pentiction In june, Spending countless hours trying to get a high glossy shine on Kate. Im glad you entered for December and won. Donny Two Shoes

·
Super Moderator
13,908 Posts
Way to go Dale. Kate, Really Is a Houghty Lady. Since you have Kate all polished up and detailed, You have let me off the hook at Pentiction In june, Spending countless hours trying to get a high glossy shine on Kate. Im glad you entered for December and won. Donny Two Shoes
By June Kate will be ready for your magic hands Donny.
I'll make sure I don't go overboard on my spring cleaning - just for you! :thumbs

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Red Rules! Congrats and that's a fine looking ride!

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,559 Posts
Congrats Dale!! When Caravaning with Cash, I usually only get to see those trick Cadillac Tail Lights, but on one occasion Caravaning to the Penticton Beach Cruise, my wife was able to snap this pic of the man we know as "Cash"! Those of you who have not seen Cash other than the Avatar, here you go! (Hope I'm not in trouble)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,908 Posts
Congrats Dale!! When Caravaning with Cash, I usually only get to see those trick Cadillac Tail Lights, but on one occasion Caravaning to the Penticton Beach Cruise, my wife was able to snap this pic of the man we know as "Cash"! Those of you who have not seen Cash other than the Avatar, here you go! (Hope I'm not in trouble)
Freaking paparozzi! :laugh:
They are everywhere! :surprise:
Notice the mark on my elbow - I always lead with my left elbow when playing hockey! :boxing HaHa!
The Serengeti's were disguise to deter paparozzi - obviously didn't work!
Tough to disguise dashing good looks!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts