After a close competition, our winner managed to run away with this. Congratulations to our December winner...
"Kate" - named after Katherine Hepburn - "A Haughty Redhead"
2006 Final Production Run 6sp Manual
#47/826 total Final Production Run SSR's
#27/115 total FPR's
#15/151 Total Redline 6sp
#7/26 Total FPR 6sp
Those are her numbers - not exactly rare, but all SSR's are a bit rare!
Kate and I haven't done a ton of mod's.
Some of the items added I purchased for my first SSR but never installed.
I was a bit hesitant to add much to Kate - wanting to keep her more or less original.
Here are a few:
- Rear Differential gears - 4.56 Yukon gears install (home install with my brother)
- Full cab sound deadening
- #49 tail light mods from Lonnie (Sinister)
- Lighted flamed windscreen from Gary Peterson - Florida Stainless
- Front & Rear spoilers by eric-mpd1
- Brian Bortle changed my cargo light and fuse
- Ken (birdman) sent me a soft bag to put at the cargo head
- Mike's radiator support & heat shield
- Trailblazer crossmember
- Shortened shifter by 2"
Basically, I just look after her.
She is my daily driver in the driving months - March to December.
Fortunately we can pick our days - avoid rain etal.
She is looked after - to say the least.
She gets cue tip treatment in all hard to access areas
You get the idea - she is loved as most of our SSR's are!
Kate has the important options to look for on an SSR:
- Chrome Wheels
- Boards - Body Colour
- Console Gauges - Body Colour
- Carpeted cargo area