Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was hoping to have a vin# today with my SSR "supposedly" going into production last week. Was told these spend about 10 days on the line before they are completed. What was late July, went to 1st week of Sept., then last week of Sept., then last week of October, Now Who Knows? Just taking the fun out of waiting over 2 years. Somehow getting a rear wheel drive, pickup in a Michigan winter doesn't sound enjoyable and then come next spring, this will probably have depreciated to a lot less than I am paying. No more posts or phone calls by me. I am sick of this!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Chill time...

:grouphug Hey, relax buddy. It will come in time. I have been down this road before and part of the excitement is the anticipation. Enjoy it. MY dealer did not fill my head with false expectations and was straight up with me. He is awesome! I actually found an honest dealer! Some specialty vehicles reqire a whole lot more time than this one has. Hang in there. You may be surprised to find your SSR here sooner than you think. I do feel sorry for you guys up north though. I would hate to get salt and chemicals on this baby. Good luck with your wait.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Let it go...

My dealer has been a big help too. I've never seen him personally - a couple of phone calls and a kazillion emails from me (Sorry Steve) has been the extent of our correspondence. He's always had answers to my concerns - and even dealt with my 'tude when talk was that there would not be (or a lot less) 2003's produced.

I'm not sure how much the SSR will depreciate - if any. It is amazing to me how many people don't even know what a SSR is. I carry a photo in the wallet anymore. My feeling is that once these get on the road - money will talk. I've heard that most of the 04 allocations are spoken for - and with (per GM) no more that 15k per model year - for what 5 or 6 years - The SSR will always be in demand. Think overseas buyer perhaps???

So - hang in there - I have decided that if I get the SSR by Christmas - I'll be lucky. (My build is still next week.) My plans to drive from Montana back home to California are getting slimmer as the weather gets worse - But, the dealer has offered to pay 1/2 the shipping because of the delays - or the airline tkt should I be able to have a window between bad weather.

If 50 a day - 7 days a week is actually happening - it shouldn't be a problem to make 3,500 - and give the hard workin' UAW folks time off 'round the holidays.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
don't stroke on us now!

What happened to the guy that got us all excited last
week? You have been most helpful in getting info to
us and now you are throwing in the towel? I don't get it.
We are all trying to be patient and it WILL be worth the
wait.:confused

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I have been excited and have done drive bys, taken photos, toured the plant etc. etc. but I am terrible with waiting for anything. Yes I have contacts with 2 people in the plant, but 4 or 5 different delivery dates! Come on. I wanted truck in the beginning and seeing lots full of them, sitting and mine not built and then delayed AGAIN, sorry, its a bummer. I plan to sell mine shortly after it arrives with hopes of a profit vs. accepting the depreciation these will experience with so many being built .(Same as Tbird). I wanted to drive and enjoy in nice weather, not sit and look at it inside my shop!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts