Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
wildcat66 said:
while sitting at Sonic getting a drink this messege came up on the DIC (depress brake) twice no less. anyone else ever had this messege come up? :seeya
yes - when I forgot to press the brake pedal before pushing the top down button.
actually - I think it said "press brake" not "depress brake" so maybe it's not the same thing...

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
When attempting to rasie or lower the windows, I've caught myself pushing just about every button except the window buttons.

Activating the top button will cause either a PRESS BRAKE or a REDUCE SPEED message.
Which, depends on the vehicle speed, below 5mph triggers the PRESS BRAKE, above the other.

I kind of wish the window and lock buttons were in the doors.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
it was definately depress. and I thought it was wierd that it happened twice, I pushed in the brake it went away and came back on then I pushed the brake again and it went away and never came back on. Depress sounds to me like take your foot off the brake, not push it in. But my foot wasn't on it at the time. Weird :confused I guess I will just wait for it to come back on

Yeah I have hit the TC button more times than once trying to put the windows down. . :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok, in the interest of science I forced myself to put the top down and go for a ride to my local drive-in. (it was tough, but somebody had to do it) While there, I pressed the top up/down button (without pressing the brake pedal), and it said...

wait for it...

"DEPRESS BRAKE". :eek

so, I'm thinking of taking both manuals over to the fireplace and performing some kind of ritual sacrifice... :reddevil

anyway, back to 'cat's problem - when I tried it, I also got a chime or bong or whatever you call it. 'cat, did you get the sound too? if you didn't get the tone, you probably need to get the DIC checked out. (there has GOT to be a better name for that) if you did get the tone, if may be a flakey switch or connection. either way I'd say if it happens again, have the dealer check it out. (wouldn't want the top going up and down at a stop light. :) )

ok, my wife's reading over my shoulder - when she saw that last she cracked up and said it sounds like i'm describing bike week... :glol

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:lol All in the name of science, glad to know that it isn't all in my head. I am sitting laughing my ass off at your description. and after the day with 10 8-14 years old in the pool for 3 hours this little thread was just what I needed. I really got a kick out of it. When is the book burning? :) :lol :lol

·
Premium Member
9,217 Posts
Wouldn't upward become "unpress"? :lol

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sonic experiences

Machell,

It's interesting that you were at Sonic. I find myself going there much more often in my SSR than I used to. Also, friends have told me of seeing another SSR in town...where? At the Sonic. What causes me to get hungry for some popcorn chicken and a cherry limeade in this truck? I'm guessing it's because I get to stay with it while admirers pass by. I really don't like having food in the SSR, but I even find that if I'm taking someone for their first ride, I gravitate to this drive in fastfood store. Maybe it's the "retro" feel of going to an old-fashioned eatery with a 40s style vehicle...hmmm.

I'm not sure a lot of people on this board have Sonics in their area, though. :lurk

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will buy drinks from Sonic but not food. I go there alot more too. People always get out of thier cars and come over to look or yell out of their widows. Around here Sonic has car cruise nights all the time so I think it is natural for the SSR to be there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts