Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought some Derlin bushings from S-E to replace the rubber ones on my '04's roof assembly. I tried searching the forum for "Derlin bushings" but got over 100 hits. There is a Chevy bulletin that says TO replace them but no details on HOW to remove the existing ones. If someone has done this previously, I would appreciate a step by step to get the old ones off and the new ones on.

Thanks, Pat

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,193 Posts
Easy Install

Grasp the piece of rubber hose with your fingers and pull it off of the splined stud (mounting rivet). If your fingers are not strong enough, you can use a pair of pliers, needle nosed pliers or any other gripping pair to get it off.

To install the Delrin bushing, line the smaller end up with the splined stud and squeeze it onto the splines. You can use a pair of channel lock pliers or a small “C” clamp.

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Done. I was confused because the driver's side bushing (the only one I tried previously) was on so tight i had to pry it off. The passenger side came off with just my fingers. I'm working down the list of upgrades from S-E. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
bushings

Bought some Derlin bushings from S-E to replace the rubber ones on my '04's roof assembly. I tried searching the forum for "Derlin bushings" but got over 100 hits. There is a Chevy bulletin that says TO replace them but no details on HOW to remove the existing ones. If someone has done this previously, I would appreciate a step by step to get the old ones off and the new ones on.

Thanks, Pat
What [are] the Derlin Bushings. ???????????

Bird

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Delrin bushings are on the hinge assemblies for the tonneau cover. Derlin bushings are what grow from the flowers you gave your Valentine (at least down here in the South).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts