Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When considering designs for your windscreen, don't necessarily limit yourself to the normal screen's perimeter. With acrylic screens we can take an outline of an image and extend it beyond the screen.

Here are some examples:

Our beloved eagle-​

A screen etching based, believe it or not, on a evangelical's religious business card-

·
OP
8,220 Posts
I would love to see how they mount in an SSR and how easy it is to switch them out....especially if there is an easy to get to electrical quick-disconnect as I currently have 3 different windscreens that I rotate.
They are not lit but are quite simple to change...That is what I require.
Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would love to see how they mount in an SSR and how easy it is to switch them out....especially if there is an easy to get to electrical quick-disconnect as I currently have 3 different windscreens that I rotate.
They are not lit but are quite simple to change...That is what I require.
Thanks
Our screens mount on the four lag bolts on the rear cockpit wall. Four female bolts have to be removed to change them out. It's probably a 10 minute job. We probably could make a custom slotted attachment where the bolts stay on the wall and only need to be loosened to change an acrylic screen which could be slid in and out. That would make it a 3-4 minute job. The electrical connects can probably be most quickly done using our cigarette lighter adapter switch which the screen plugs into. That takes 2 seconds.

·
OP
8,220 Posts
Our screens mount on the four lag bolts on the rear cockpit wall. Four female bolts have to be removed to change them out. It's probably a 10 minute job. We probably could make a custom slotted attachment where the bolts stay on the wall and only need to be loosened to change an acrylic screen which could be slid in and out. That would make it a 3-4 minute job. The electrical connects can probably be most quickly done using our cigarette lighter adapter switch which the screen plugs into. That takes 2 seconds.
Thank you. I will keep it in mind...now to decide:lol

Can you show pics of it mounted in an SSR and are the seat bumpers still utilized so as not to scratch the backs of the seats?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. I will keep it in mind...now to decide:lol

Can you show pics of it mounted in an SSR and are the seat bumpers still utilized so as not to scratch the backs of the seats?
We supply seat bumpers with every screen. I don't have a picture to post just now, but will later. in the meantime the website Kappa Windscreens . Home Pagehas some mounting pictures on the menu at the left side of the page.

Ray

·
OP
8,220 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts