Chevy SSR Forum banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
'05 Aqua Blur 6-spd
580 Posts
Awesome work, Marc. It always shows when someone enjoys what the do.
The second has extra depth, I like that.
It truly is! Awesome. You really have no idea how awesome it is because of all the fine detail tweaking/tuning/improving @Marc did. A true artist, well beyond someone just playing with Photoshop.

As you see, Marc never quits trying different changes that may improve the "painting." And as usual, it comes down to the "eye of the beholder." I hadn't noticed the "extra depth" of the second "painting" until @wizzr pointed it out. What a difference a seemlingly small change in a line can make. Nonetheless I prefer the first "painting."

Once again, truly awesome. 👏

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #125 (Edited)
Yesterday, I received a special request if I could photoshop out some of the background cars and a chair in Bob's @SWT RYD photo. By using editing techniques it would require me to find a new background because there was nowhere in the photo for me to clone any other background material to replace the cars with. So I searched the internet for something that I thought might work. I tried out different back grounds but I didn't like the way the SSR looked or the angle of the SSR in any of the photos.

When I showed the preview to Bob he wanted me to use another photo of his SSR on the beach as a background template. I used his other photo and cleaned up some of the water in the roadway etc. Even though the lighting effect on both SSRs were completely different, I was able to scale down and position the SSR over the top of the original SSR in the photo to make it look like it was actually shot at that beach location. So, after cloning the SSR in and tweaking the image Bob seemed to be very pleased with the photo and the other various different effects that I had made up for him. You might notice in the next post that I used some different Photoshop filters affects to the final version.

Below is the sequence of images that I worked with to finally get to the end product(s).

* I do hope you enjoy my latest Photoshop experience. Shhhh don't tell Bob I Photoshopped the guy out from Beach Guy.jpg behind the Palm tree on the beach. :whistle:

SWTRYD.jpg SWT RYD Show1.jpg SWT RYD Road.jpg Beach.jpeg Beach1 SIG.jpg Beach1 SIG Lens Flare.jpg

Here are the final 2 versions. First photo is of the SSR is looking awesome sitting along the edge of the beautiful beach area with their proud owners. and the 2nd one I used an added Lens Flare for a slightly more dramatic look :cool:

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,158 Posts
You never ceases to amaze me! It's no wonder you can't trust what you see in pictures anymore!
I'm not too keen about the filters. They are interesting indeed but I actually like them and the truck with the black background best. Makes them the focal point!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,169 Posts
If I had to pick a filter version I would say #3 in post #126 but I agree with HUAW.

Reactions: nj6969 and Marc NY
121 - 129 of 129 Posts