Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:|

OK, we all know there are multiple products out there for putting a coating/shine on the sidewalls of your tires. I've not been satisfied with the many I have tried.....some create a foam which you're expected to just let it go away and bingo, your tires look good. Meantime, you can easily get the same stuff on your recently polished wheels.

So, I'm looking for what some of you consider to be the best (Tire dressing) to make your tires look good for a car show for example.

My other (Black Dressing) need is really not for the SSR, but my old Avalanche Chevy truck. I've also tried many different products for getting those plastic black panels (that fade) back to a shiny black.

Anyone have a good recommendation to get those black panels looking "top notch" again.:nerd:

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
I use Wipe New for hard plastic items like the panels on your Avalanche. I get it at Walmart.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,176 Posts
Topcoat F-11 on everything. Paint, glass, interior, and especially the black rubber trim, running boards, and tires. One product does it all. Amazing stuff.

·
Premium Member
9,353 Posts
I really like Zaino Tire Gloss

Zaino Store : Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss

It has the consistency and color of milk, goes on easily with an applicator of some kind, and turns the tires really black without that greasy look that so many products leave behind. It looks wet for a few minutes, but seems to get completely absorbed and just looks black.

Works great on the running board rubber, and any rubber under the hood. Easily the best product I have ever used.

Check the reviews at the bottom of the product page at the above link.

I have never tried F-11, so can't comment on how it compares.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
One of the Members told me about the Mr. Clean Erasers, You can use them on the Black, faded plastic areas before using your Back too Black solutions. I used them on my running boards and all the oxidation on the rubber was gone. Then I coated with Back To Black, they look really good now.

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Forever Black

I use the Mr.Clean Erasers to remove the sun damaged surface. Clean all of the white or grey. Then let it dry. Tape the painted area, use the cleaner as directed. Then use Forever Black to dye the abs black. If you want to use the Black to Black use it for gloss.

Jack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts