Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hyper:Here are the early details of the DFW FERRARI Toy Run -
Carolyn & I have been doing some planning on the Toy Run. Hopefully by the end of this week we will have in place the start location and the finishing location for this years toy run.
The run will be held on Saturday the 10th of December. As usual we will have a run of about 60+ miles to a drop location-which shall remain undisclosed until the 10th-drop off the toys and then head to a restaurant for a bit of back patting and probably a libation or two.

In the following weeks I will have additional information as to what type of ages we need to target for the toys, if there are any special needs toys, etc.

You guys are always great to show up and support this event. Last year we had 96 cars participate and it would be nice to have a few more this year. One thing however, please look at your calendar and verify you are available to do this on the 10th of December, if not please do not sign up. If you do sign up and cannot make it please notify me of that situation. A couple of years ago many people said they would be there and did not show-the problem was that I had maps printed for them and that $100.+ dollars that became scrap paper could have gone to buying new toys.

Also we will have a dual contribution-the toys will go to our selected charity and any money will go to the Collin County Children's Advocate. Make sure that the toys that you bring are unwrapped. Thanks for your interest and participation in this event the children really appreciate your generosity.

Don - DFW FERRARI Club

Last year we had ~ 7 SSRs on the run. It was a blast. I need a firm participant list by Dec. 2 to forward to Don. So get into the Christmas spirit and donate a Toy.:hyper:

·
SS Owner, Not SSR But SS
2,409 Posts
Count me and my g/f in
1. CJ and Vickie

just did a motorcycle bear run this past Saturday

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
We will plan on it but will have wait to close to dec1st to decide. Kay goes to doc tomorrow about knee replacement . She says she,s falling apart.Denny

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess she tried duct tape already? Hope to see you both on the Toy Run

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Need LOT,s of duct tape!!!!!! Full knee in spring and fix torn tendon,s in ankle feb or march. COUNT us in for Toy Run!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Hope the weather will be nice again. Wasn,t to bad last year. Sure had a fun time.Will see if we can find her some yellow tape for a gift during the toy run.

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE FROM DON & CAROLYN - DFW Ferrari Club:

I am sorry for the silence on my part but I have been trying to connect with the person that will head up the collection. We finally got to talk today and things are moving along quite nicely.
Carolyn and I will finish up the road circuit route next weekend and then start scouting for a restaurant in the immediate locality. I will have some additional info on the route-distance, time etc. after we finish splicing some roads together. As usual we will be on a 4 lane for a while until we can get out of the Dallas area. In addition we will be on a couple of roads we have been on before but Carolyn and I have figured out a way to vary the direction and reverse travel one of the roads. So in spite of the fact we have done maybe one or two of the routes before we will be doing them from an opposite direction so it gives the appearance of a new route. You have to understand that there are just so many roads that go north and south and east and west that are interesting in this area. But we have constructed a route that has elevation (yes elevation in this area), some nice views for you that want to enjoy a leisurely drive and some twisties for those of you who want to exercise the suspension on your vehicle.
Monday I will announce the start location so you guys can make your plans to attend. Again thanks to all of you for your interest, participation and support of this endeavor

Don - DFW FERRARI Club

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Start Location Announced:
To all interested parties;
The start location for the 7th annual DFW Toy Run will be RAC Performance Centre. The address is 3219 Commander Dallas, 75006. For those of you who are not familiar with this location, Commander is just about 1/2 way between Keller Springs and Trinity Mills on the West side of Midway. There will be a light breakfast (Danish) and Coffee.
My sincerest thanks to Hans, Jacky, Wayne, Carl, Jonathan and all of the staff at RAC for helping with this years Toy Run. the last time we started here Hans was the official launcher and he was great so I hope wew can draft him once again.
Due to the number of cars and how we have to leave we will be launching in flights of 10 to 15 cars. So if you want to go with some friends please arrange yourselves that way when you drive up to the launch area.
I will have a mileage count by this weekend on the length of the run, but I would anticipate 80 to 85 miles and about 1 to 1.5 hours to complete. I also hope to have an idea if there are any special requests for toys and if so I will post that this weekend also.
Don & Carolyn - DFW Ferrari Club

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
UPDATE:
RAC sent out a flier that is posted in an earlier part of this thread. I suspect with the number of cars we are anticipating it would probably be better if everyone started showing up about 8:00 or 8:30. That way we can start to get cars organized in groups to launch.
NOTE: we will be on tollroads for a while so make sure you have your tolltag handy.

Remember this is the ONE, the ONLY, the ORIGINAL Toy Run in it's 7th rendition. We have a run across north central Texas. You will get to see some scenery, your will get to exercise your car, you will encounter some challenging turns and you will be responsible for making some boy or girl very happy on Christmas. Plus you get to see some very cool cars and meet some great people!

The planning continues to make this the biggest and the best run we have had to date!
Don

Also, note - Broadwalk Ferrari is sponsoring a different toy run of their own on the same day. This is copy-cat event.

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UPDATE:
Carolyn and I went out this weekend-in the Ferrari Badged Explorer so we wouldn't draw as much attention-and ran the route. The roads are really pretty good for what they have been through. The run is 85 miles long and took us just at 1.5 hours to run. That time of course would not incur the wrath of the local Constabulary. We will run the route in the Ferrari next week to verify exotic acceptance.

We talked to the owner of the restaurant and they have a "back" room that will easily hold or group. In addition that back rooms opens to a bar so libations will be readily available for those who desire one. The only problem that we have now is that the parking at the restaurant is a little problematic but I will discuss that at the driver's meeting on the 10th

I was hoping to have some info on special needs toys by now but the person with whom I am working had a family member involved in a car accident so they have been out of touch for a couple of days. I will have this info by the end of the week.
Don

Also, I will need to turn in an acturate SSR count for this event by Dec. 3. So please confirm your attendance this week via this thread. Thanks

Bob
ssr3

·
SS Owner, Not SSR But SS
2,409 Posts
we have to go to austin to see g/fs gson
sorry
only weekend she can see him

1 - 20 of 44 Posts