Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the Diablo Predator programmer and it does give a nice little extra to the SSR.

Most noticable is the much firmer shifting. Seems like a good upgrade for $325.

:thumbs

·
Registered
421 Posts
I agree. I used one on my 5.3L 2004 SSR that will work on either a 2003 or a 2004. However, it does not work on my 2005 SSR with the LS2 engine. I'm still waiting for them to come out with a new one so I can buy another one for my 2005 SSR.

So, if anybody wants it, make me an offer. It's like brand new still in the box with all books. However, I think that my old VIN may be married to it which requires you to first send it in to Predator and pay something like a $75.00 re-set fee and then they mail it back to you so that it will receive a new VIN. You can get more info on that process from the DiabloSport.com web site. I paid $400.00 for it just 6 months ago. :reddevil

matjow

·
Registered
421 Posts
Great! I did return it to stock tune before I traded-it in. So, it should be ready to rock and roll for anybody who has any 2003 or 2004 SSR. As a matter of fact, it will work on ANY 2004 GM.

Blue Light Special. I just paid $400 for it 6 months ago. It was used 2 times. One time to load the high performance tune. And one time to reload the stock tune before trading in my 2004 SSR for a 2005 SSR.

If anybody wants it, PM me. The 1st $200 can have it. Plus whatever it costs to ship it the way the buyer wants it to be shipped.

I can't wait to buy another one for my 2005 SSR. However, for whatever reason, Diablo tells me that my 2003-2004 tuner will not work on my 2005 - but they are working on one that will. I can't wait for it to come out.

matjow :reddevil

·
Registered
64 Posts
Do you still have it?

matjow said:
Great! I did return it to stock tune before I traded-it in. So, it should be ready to rock and roll for anybody who has any 2003 or 2004 SSR. As a matter of fact, it will work on ANY 2004 GM.

Blue Light Special. I just paid $400 for it 6 months ago. It was used 2 times. One time to load the high performance tune. And one time to reload the stock tune before trading in my 2004 SSR for a 2005 SSR.

If anybody wants it, PM me. The 1st $200 can have it. Plus whatever it costs to ship it the way the buyer wants it to be shipped.

I can't wait to buy another one for my 2005 SSR. However, for whatever reason, Diablo tells me that my 2003-2004 tuner will not work on my 2005 - but they are working on one that will. I can't wait for it to come out.

matjow :reddevil

I am interested if you still have it.........email me [email protected]

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,777 Posts
Question....

Is the warranty of the truck invalidated if the dealer finds the original program has been altered using the Predator????

Peace

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,777 Posts
In lieu of returning to original settings...

let's say you forgot...would the warranty become invalid??

Peace.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Diablo Tuner

With the tuner did the gas milage increase or decrease.
More snap on take off?
Our truck shifts quick into 2nd gear, does this change?
More over all horsepower overall???
thank you

·
Registered
421 Posts
Pursuant to the Federal Magnason Moss Act, it can't void your warranty. However, rather than arguing the federal law with a Chevy service advisor, just reload your stock tune before taking it in for service. I noticed more torque and horsepower. I never put it on a dyno, but I would guestimate about 15 to 20. The biggest and most noticeable thing is the sharper shifting of the automatic tranny. It takes the sponginess out of the tranny without making it jerky.

Diggs got mine. It went out today.

matjow

:reddevil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts