Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Round #2 (DING) Got the programmer back yesterday from DiabloSport. Waited till I got home and reread the directions. Installed and followed the directions, it downloaded my engine computer with no problems. Upload a performance tune, couple of lights flash and same CRAP! ERROR! :mad

Before it gets a chance to upload, comes up with an script error. Fine, check the battery with my multimeter, just fine so it's not the battery. Book says take out radio fuse, move the seat pop the fuse, nope, still not working.

WTF! :cuss

No SAT, no XM, no extras on electrical. :banghead :cry :willy:

:smash That's what's coming next!

Checked DiabloSports pages for help, yeah right. Any Chevy Tech out there? If anyone has a clue as to what might be stopping the programmer from uploading, call me @ 314-442-2069, if I'm not around, leave me a message & I'll get back with you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
HD-Fatboy said:
Round #2 (DING) Got the programmer back yesterday from DiabloSport. Waited till I got home and reread the directions. Installed and followed the directions, it downloaded my engine computer with no problems. Upload a performance tune, couple of lights flash and same CRAP! ERROR! :mad

Before it gets a chance to upload, comes up with an script error. Fine, check the battery with my multimeter, just fine so it's not the battery. Book says take out radio fuse, move the seat pop the fuse, nope, still not working.

WTF! :cuss

No SAT, no XM, no extras on electrical. :banghead :cry :willy:

:smash That's what's coming next!

Checked DiabloSports pages for help, yeah right. Any Chevy Tech out there? If anyone has a clue as to what might be stopping the programmer from uploading, call me @ 314-442-2069, if I'm not around, leave me a message & I'll get back with you.
Did you put the parking brake on to turn the daylight running lights off?
 

·
SSR Pit Crew
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
Dang,

Sorry HD-Fatboy, but no problems like that at all here. If you have time, PM me with your phone number and I will call you with some things to check, OK?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
273 Posts
had a predator and it ate my computer!! had to replace it from the factory warranty. they would notsend my money back but sent a supposedlyreplacement. scared to try it again its sitting on the shelf. bought a superchips tuner and it won't download and says a 038 error. going on the hot rod power tour and superchips is a sponsor. will have them go for it!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, Diablosport has no clue why the Predator won't work on my truck. Sending it back for a refund. Thank you Klasse Direct.

After spending this much time on this, about a month, I have found that for just about $100 more, there are full blown tuner programs available. All you need is a laptop, which I have. LS1-Edit & HPtuners are two I am looking at. Plus they do logging so you don't have to try & watch the output as you drive.

This time I'll find a shop that uses either one to make sure they work on the truck by having them install a tune first.

What we do for speed!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Sorry HD+Fatboy I love mine. You have to have everything off inclucing your parking lights. You also have to have the doors shut. Did you try it again with everything off. The first time I tried mine I got an error and it was the radio that was on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Russr04
I had just about every fuse pulled. Even had the battery diconnected for about 45 minutes, everything off, no cell phone on. Went through every step with members from this board and Diablosport.

Just doesn't like something on the truck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
HD-Fatboy said:
Russr04
I had just about every fuse pulled. Even had the battery diconnected for about 45 minutes, everything off, no cell phone on. Went through every step with members from this board and Diablosport.

Just doesn't like something on the truck.
Just a stupid suggestion, is the key on the on postion (2 clicks forward) .I have found myself on having the key only in the first postion and get the same errors as you stated.

Just a thought because it has happened to me.

Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello SPEDS,
Yep, tried it everyway and was even on the phone with DiabloSport while trying it. Any way, back it went for a partial refund. Have to have the dealer check out the truck to see if there might be something up with the computer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
501 Posts
Powertuners

Hey Freinds,

Craig here. Just wanted to let you in on what Iv'e experienced with the Power tuners.I Have a 2003 red SSR and had a lot of trouble with Superchips and Hypertech powertuners.Neither would work on my ride. I worked with the tech guys and sent both back for reprogramming to no avail.After goofing around with these guys for two months I gave up.They were really good to work with but we just couldn't get it ironed out.
Then I talked to the guys at Crane Cams who convinced me to try their unit.I got it in the mail and right away VOILA! High performance in a box.This unit does all that the others do and more.There is a set of options that allow for cam changes,and injector size changes and it lets you add timing in% to allow for free flow exhausts etc. It also lets you add or subtract idle rpms in 50rpm increments.
I'm very happy with this unit and you don't have to pull any damned fuses.Just turn off everything, close the door and set the hand brake.
So any of you guys(or gals) out there havin problems with tuners, check it out.

Crane Cams Powermax P/N 1202-003
 
G

·
Where did you get??

Does it work on a 05??Thanks, Fred :seeya :flag
53wanab said:
Hey Freinds,

Craig here. Just wanted to let you in on what Iv'e experienced with the Power tuners.I Have a 2003 red SSR and had a lot of trouble with Superchips and Hypertech powertuners.Neither would work on my ride. I worked with the tech guys and sent both back for reprogramming to no avail.After goofing around with these guys for two months I gave up.They were really good to work with but we just couldn't get it ironed out.
Then I talked to the guys at Crane Cams who convinced me to try their unit.I got it in the mail and right away VOILA! High performance in a box.This unit does all that the others do and more.There is a set of options that allow for cam changes,and injector size changes and it lets you add timing in% to allow for free flow exhausts etc. It also lets you add or subtract idle rpms in 50rpm increments.
I'm very happy with this unit and you don't have to pull any damned fuses.Just turn off everything, close the door and set the hand brake.
So any of you guys(or gals) out there havin problems with tuners, check it out.

Crane Cams Powermax P/N 1202-003
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
501 Posts
Power tuner

This part number is specific to 03-04 gm. I'm sure Crane makes the proper one for 05.Give them a call Fred and see what they say 386-258-6174
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Any Vegas Members Have a Predator

If there are any Vegas Members That have Predator Tuner. I sure would like to set my fans and see how the Predator works before I buy one. Looking for a freebe here.
 

·
Senior Privileged Member
Joined
·
4,101 Posts
Bad Asphalt: Won't work. A Predator "locks" to one vehicle VIN, and is then useless for any other vehicle.

Read their downloadable manual.

Jim G
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
501 Posts
The Crane Cams power tuner doesn't have the vin-lock issue.You can let a freind use it providing that you reset you tune back to stock, then lend it to anyone to try out.They will have to reset teir tune back to stock before returning the tuner back to you.

Craig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Bad A The dealer that I bought mine from set mine up and let me drive it. He told me if I did not like it he would just put it back to stock and not charge. It is so simple and only takes a minute. I love mine and highly recomend it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,592 Posts
Actually Jim if he wanted to try the Tuner in his truck he could The VIN lock is only on the 03 and earlyer and not the 04 models.

But to be exact the Predator only allows the tune to be installed on one vehicle at a time.

The term VIN lock was used when the older style tuners would actully lock itself down to the one VIN it was loade donto the first time. You would then have to send it back to Diablosport and have it unlocked so you could sell or install it on another vehicle.

So if yo have an 04 and Buddy does also you can swap the tune from one vehicle to another. Just one of them with be stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Boosted is right. The 04 does not lock on the VIN. As long as you put it back to stock you can try it out on another rig. It only takes a few minutes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Ii HAVE THE SUPER CHIP PROGRAMMER........... WONDERFUL

RESET TO STOCK LAST WEEK FOR MORE WARRANTY WORK (LEAKS) AND IT TOOK ABOUT 5 MINS TO DO.
tHIS TIME I SET IT FOR 87 OCTANE HIGH PERFORMANCE IN LIEU OF THE SUPER SET UP FOR 92 OCTANE.

BEST INVESTMENT FOR $305.00
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top