Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I understand that a pro tune and handheld tuners can adjust torque management. I've done both. And I too have the Corvette servo. But it's news to me that a factory stock truck will adjust tranny pressures when turning off the traction control. From everything I've read, it's only effecting braking. But hey, I've been wrong before. Do you have any formal documentation on that? I'd be interested to read it.

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,306 Posts
@VTSSR
You might want to check the preprogrammed fan settings on the Diablo tuner. When i upgraded cooling fans i could tell fan was on almost consistently. The sport tune had them set too low for the stock thermostat. I modified the settings to what is recommended on this site. The tune did not mention changing tstat and only required 87 octane. I have been running 91 to ensure there is no detonation.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,780 Posts
My Diablo tuner had the fans set a little high and on my first test drive it ran a little hot. I went back and reset the fan temps and all is good now. I think I had the 91 tune in my 05. I have the Diablo Sport 8245 tuner.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Installed Diablo tune today. Took the R for a short cruise. Didn't notice a huge difference low in the power band but it certainly has more grunt at wide open throttle. I was going to install 4:56 gears but might wait awhile and see if this tune in will give me enough extra grunt.
I have had Diablo Preditor tune in my 04 SSR for 10 years. I bought it to give me the option as to when cooling fans come on. I asked for help here & at Chevrolet dealer. Nobody had any idea how to change when cooling fans come on & turn off. I remove performance tune during winter months. I also have Jet MAF & Throttle body. Plus I have removed the heater hose from TBI. I was told by my cousin that a good GM mechanic tunes all his Chevrolets. It is noticeable improvement if you can find a GM Mechanic to modify your SSR. Most Chevrolet service department in my area. Never heard of a SSR. So I run my SSR with Diablo performance tune with traction control off. Except in rain or slippery roads. The rear end gear for a street drive SSR is fine stock. Adding a different gear to get a seat of the pants acceleration? Is Stupid abuse for what reason? LOL Mine is bigger than yours seems to be the real reason. Grow up & take care of your SSR.

·
Premium Member
5,339 Posts
I have had Diablo Preditor tune in my 04 SSR for 10 years. I bought it to give me the option as to when cooling fans come on. I asked for help here & at Chevrolet dealer. Nobody had any idea how to change when cooling fans come on & turn off. I remove performance tune during winter months. I also have Jet MAF & Throttle body. Plus I have removed the heater hose from TBI. I was told by my cousin that a good GM mechanic tunes all his Chevrolets. It is noticeable improvement if you can find a GM Mechanic to modify your SSR. Most Chevrolet service department in my area. Never heard of a SSR. So I run my SSR with Diablo performance tune with traction control off. Except in rain or slippery roads. The rear end gear for a street drive SSR is fine stock. Adding a different gear to get a seat of the pants acceleration? Is Stupid abuse for what reason? LOL Mine is bigger than yours seems to be the real reason. Grow up & take care of your SSR.
Why make any changes? Performance tune, MAF, Throttle body and Heater hose from TBI, all are for mines bigger than yours, Right?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
That's interesting. You've done a number of upgrades but poo-poo a gear swap. Maybe you just ran out of toilet paper today. Hmmm???

21 - 26 of 26 Posts