Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Diamond thread is pretty and shiney for about two uses. They are polished aluminum and will scratch by the simple rub of a finger. "Nice to look at but not to touch". I have a lot of experience with the Diamond Thread Plate and the surface is also destroyed if you rub them with a cloth and there happens to be a single grain of sand or dirt on them. They will also dull after getting damp for a short period. Buy them and use them for shows, but not for your feet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The diamond matts match perfect for the SSR. I have it installed 4 weeks ago in my SSR, matches great with the interior. :)
Be careful with sand on your shoes.
I also have diamond matts in my Wrangler Jeep for more than 3 years, and they always look great. I have it in other cars too without problems.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,694 Posts
Floor Mats?

Bluepalm said:
The diamond matts match perfect for the SSR. I have it installed 4 weeks ago in my SSR, matches great with the interior. :)
Be careful with sand on your shoes.
I also have diamond matts in my Wrangler Jeep for more than 3 years, and they always look great. I have it in other cars too without problems.
I keep high quality flexible rubber mats in all my vehicles. However, I have heard from some car guys that clear plastic mats have a tendincy to discolor and turn yellow after a short period of time.

This idea might be more for guys/gals like me that don't drive their SSR on a daily basis but here is what I would suggest. Because I love the look of the SSR Logo mats I suggest that you buy a second set of original GM Logo SSR mats for your show off days like those occasional car "Shows" you might attend and just keep the originals for everyday driving?

Just a thought...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Marc NY said:
I keep high quality flexible rubber mats in all my vehicles. However, I have heard from some car guys that clear plastic mats have a tendincy to discolor and turn yellow after a short period of time.

This idea might be more for guys/gals like me that don't drive their SSR on a daily basis but here is what I would suggest. Because I love the look of the SSR Logo mats I suggest that you buy a second set of original GM Logo SSR mats for your show off days like those occasional car "Shows" you might attend and just keep the originals for everyday driving?

Just a thought...
GREAT IDEA, I GOT A SECOND PAIR FROM EBAY FOR ABOUT $25.00 LESS THAN GM AND THEY ARE FACTORY ISSUE

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is an amazing price for a second pair of matts. I was amazed at how much the factory matts cost! I plan on using the aluminum diamond cut matts for shows to add a touch of sparkle to the interior.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts