Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here are pics of my SSR. There are about six of them so feel free to page through them. It is the same set up as the Diamonback and the exact same pieces from the same molds as the diamondback. The one major difference is no carbon fiber and no fixed roof. I plan on putting on air ride and supercharging soon.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Very nice. I like the side exhaust and integrated running boards. What did you do to the rear fascia where the original pipes were? It was hard to see from the photos.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
It's got soul and it's SUPER BAD!

Now the $64,000 question. Where or who did you get the parts from? If you don't mind telling.

:ssr :ssr :ssr​

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,323 Posts
Wolf said:
It is the same set up as the Diamonback and the exact same pieces from the same molds as the diamondback.
I've noticed that there are a few people that have some type of connection to get these custom parts that people like myself are drooling over ....... it's a shame that ASC and others refuse to sell to the public so more than a handful can make a special ride of thier own. :banghead

The front air dam and side skirt with exhaust has been on my list since day 1 :cry

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Dragon2U said:
I've noticed that there are a few people that have some type of connection to get these custom parts that people like myself are drooling over ....... it's a shame that ASC and others refuse to sell to the public so more than a handful can make a special ride of thier own. :banghead

The front air dam and side skirt with exhaust has been on my list since day 1 :cry
I agree with you Dragon2U, if you can't share it why show it.

First thing U2 your state plates need to be Michigan.

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
All you have to do is call 3Gservices 734-947-9434
Ask for Doug---President
or Scott - Tell them what you want or need or ask them what they have to offer

I used to send stuff to C.A.D. California Automotive Designs
They used to carbon-fiber parts.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did have a hook up for my ride. My father used to work for ASC so he was able to get the parts. I am very fortunate and lucky to have them and him.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Wolf

thanks for sharing the photos.
When we can see the things we would like to do, have been done, it motivates us to find a way ourselves.

I to want the rear fascia without the exhaust cut outs.

Driving a Hot Rod
Skip

·
Registered
893 Posts
Sharp

It really looks sharp.........to bad you don't have the hood to go with it.........I know it upsets some in here to see the things we all want and have been trying to find a way to get.......And that some have a back door to walk thru........But if we all had the back door ... we'd use it to.......It's to bad a CO. like ASC doesn't see fit to make parts like this availabe to all :banghead ............But I guess they (ASC & GM) are making to much money as it is ......and don't want to be bothered...........It doesn't win to many friends or influence many people:smash :smash It makes the people on the out side looking in, work harder to take the business away......I'm doing my part ....how ever small it may be. It's called the american free enterprise system.....or in other words...snoze...ya lose....:seeya ....Wolf ya got a great ride.....:agree

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Side Exhaust

Love the set up that you have. How does your exhaust pipes run underneath the car. Do they go under the frame rail to the side skirts?:thumbs

Doug E.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How does your exhaust pipes run underneath the car. Do they go under the frame rail to the side skirts?
yes thats pretty close to how it is done. I didnt do the fabrication work myself but I did check it out while it was being done. I wish I could post the sound because it growls mean as hell.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,323 Posts
MauiMike said:
Can you post some pics of the exhaust routing please? The whole package is great!!!
Yes, I would love to see the routing of the pipes too, could you also find out how they made the tip and provide dimensions?

A picture of the Diamondback is on all my computers as a background ......... I've sent numerous messages to ASC asking about availability, the last one they responded with "we should be announcing something exciting after the first of the year". I don't think things worked out as they and I had hoped.

:seeya

Someone should have wore a big coat into the ASC tour and "borrowed" the mold sitting on the shelf so that we could have made some for us too, hehehehehehehe.

·
1,678 Posts
Like I said , ...3gservices are the guys you want

They are responsible for the diamondback, but people don't relize that. They do great work.

call and ask them "WHAT" is up and coming..............you'll be surprised !
734-947-9434

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,323 Posts
Devastator said:
Like I said , ...3gservices are the guys you want

They are responsible for the diamondback, but people don't relize that. They do great work.

call and ask them "WHAT" is up and coming..............you'll be surprised !
734-947-9434
Devastator,
I think people have talked to them before and they said that they could not do it because of licensing, I contacted them again and we'll see what happens. Hopefully it will work .........

:seeya

·
1,678 Posts
Was at there shop on Wed. Dropped off somethings I wanted C.F. I still have to get my 05 hood to them yet ! I saw this in the shop being worked on. Passenger side is being designed. I liked what I saw , and the craftmanship. I don't think they will be ready for a while. Chris

1 - 20 of 35 Posts