Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The owner's manual and the CD both state that the DIC will initialize to the last display at shut down. Every time I shut the vehicle down with a blank display in the DIC, sometimes I get a blank display and sometimes I get the Timer. I would like to start with a blank display so I don't have to keep hitting the Personalization button every time I start the vehicle. The timer is not being used and displays all zeros. I seem to get it at start up over 50% of the time.

·
Registered
407 Posts
for me it seems the best way to get the display to stay blank is when using the bottom left button.

when i set this to blank it usually stays that way. when i use the top button the display usually comes back on.

give it a try.

·
Registered
395 Posts
blank display

He's right, if you use the bottom left button and go to the blank display it will stay blank, but if you run the top button to the blank and shut the ignition off when you start it back up you will get some sort of display.
I think this is normal as my 2003 Silverado does the same thing.

:agree

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't understand it especially why it isn't documented in the user's manual - but this is exactly how it works. Mucho thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts