Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Just a question for the folks who live in the northern part of the US.
When it gets cold, due you notice that the DIC flashes a message of "ice possible"?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have seen the same thing. I first thought it was when I went over a bridge when it was in the upper 30's. I have since seen it when the outside temp gauge rewad in the 40's. I guess it is just to warn you if you hit any ice you might have your hands full.

·
Registered
893 Posts
It Means What It Says!!!!!

Van05360 said:
Hey Guys,
When it gets cold, due you notice that the DIC flashes a message of "ice possible"?

*********If it flashes it .....it means it.....but oh well , if you don't want the warning......just disregard it and hit the ditch......or tree or ect...... :lol

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Van05360 said:
Hey Guys,
I have a 2003 that I've driven through snow and cold weather, but I've never seen that message.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
I have seen that message on my 05 when I was in PA recently. It was pretty dang chilly that day. I think it would of been nice had they put a thermometer on there also.

JIM

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
Dic

Van05360 said:
Hey Guys,
I saw it one time on my '06, before I put her to bed for the winter. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
501 Posts
ice

I have that option on my 03 siverado but it reads out on my computer mirror.
I havn't driven my Redline red in the cold weather yet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep,
to those who have a Silverado or Tahoe or Escalade, my SS Silverado has the compass in the mirror, and it shows "ice" warning when the temp outside is below 32 degrees. :cool

·
Registered
94 Posts
My DIC prompted me with the same message this morning on the way to the office, it was less than 40 degrees on my outside temperature gauge. Way cool! This also occurs with my Cadillac Escalade. Question...does any computer calibration have to be performed for the outside temperature gauge when installed by the dealer for the '05 gauge package? Cleavermodels :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Haven't seen that on my SSR"s display. However the wife's 07 HHR displays it at times ~34 degrees or so. I don't think the 03 and 04 SSR's had this option. No outdoor temperture sensor.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I see it anytime the temp drops below freezing. Not too often in Texas. :blur:

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Saw that same message on mine yesterday.....in FL!!! Pretty sure that was it's first appearance since she's lived in S. FL most of her life. I was surprised, to say the least!

·
Registered
296 Posts
2 different models !

Most owners dont realize that in 05 and 06 Chevy produced a "northern" and a "southern" model SSR. The one you got depended on where the dealership was located obviously. The "northern" model came with that special information center that indicated the possibility of ice depending on outside temps. Also included were heated seats,a handsome stadium blanket, 2 matching stainless thermos bottles for hot chocolate and a gift card for a free yrs supply of that winter liquid! I understand the "southern" model came with a 6 pack of PBR, a big bag of deep fried pork rinds and a special horn that played DIXIE or ON THE ROAD AGAIN!(owners choice):bs

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
yep, I've seen it...

for too damn long now :cry

it was 40 today, I would've put the top down but the winds blowing hard :banghead

another storm coming in

:flag

·
Canadian Pit Crew
661 Posts
06 - Dic

My 2006 has a outside temp reading in the DIC
and when it gets around 33F it can flash "ice"
same as my 07 sierra mirror does

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Most owners dont realize that in 05 and 06 Chevy produced a "northern" and a "southern" model SSR. The one you got depended on where the dealership was located obviously. The "northern" model came with that special information center that indicated the possibility of ice depending on outside temps. Also included were heated seats,a handsome stadium blanket, 2 matching stainless thermos bottles for hot chocolate and a gift card for a free yrs supply of that winter liquid! I understand the "southern" model came with a 6 pack of PBR, a big bag of deep fried pork rinds and a special horn that played DIXIE or ON THE ROAD AGAIN!(owners choice):bs
Looks like I got gyped on mine bought it in the south, but got part of the northern pkg. heated seats and ice warning in DIC, but no thermos or gift card. Also didnot get the southern pkg. Would have liked to have the ON THE ROAD AGAIN horn.:blue:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts