Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas? A few weeks ago I had the dash apart and Dictator replaced the stepper motors. At the same time I also replaced the door lock module in the driver's door. It's an 04 with about 70k miles.
This message does not appear every time the truck is started.
Thank you for any and all suggestions.
Dave

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
47,387 Posts
Check for loose wires under the seats, or just move the seat back and forth. It is a common problem on the Trailblazer, I fixed my Trailblazer in about 30 seconds just by wiggling the wires. Just a suggestion ? Worked for me. :grin2:

·
Tech Support/Research
1,735 Posts
Airbag Warning Message

Checking to ensure good electrical connections is important, as noted by others above. The supplemental restraint system (airbag) electrical connectors all have plastic "Connector Positive Assurance" (CPA) pins that accompany the usual connector male/female connectors. Check to ensure that these are all in place on each connector that you may have touched during your repairs. I recall having an air bag warning light illuminate intermittently and discovered a connector under the seat with this CPA not engaged. That allowed the connector to move apart slightly when the seat was adjusted, causing the warning light to illuminate.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, the CPA pins were intact and no connectors were dislodged. Used contact cleaner on connections including seat belt latch.
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts