Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Georgia SSRers
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the POWER TOURIn Chattanooga Tn. and was leaving the venue to my motel when I saw a YELLOW SSR on the side of the road.
Naturally, I stopped to see if I could help.
Two ladies were stranded.
She said "it just stopped !" she had called AAA for a tow.
I cautioned her about loading the R on a flat bed.
Discovered she was not out of gas. The engine would turn over and try to start but would NOT run.
I CALLED DICKTATOR for some advice AND ALTHOUGH HE WAS AT A DINNER HE ANSWERED ON FIRST RING !
....When he discovered that it was an '05 He said to take the cover off the FUSE box under the hood to cool it.
We did and AMAZING ! it fired up !
These ladies were NOT fanatic members, Bet they are NOW.
THANK YOU DICKTATOR...TO THE RESCUE AGAIN...
'
I don't know what we would do without you OLD PAL....

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,797 Posts
But did you tell them how to get it fixed for a reasonable price and not have to buy a new fuse block? Did our tell them about our family? (I am sure you did).

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,160 Posts
Thanks Fred, Glad I could help and YOU are the HERO, only another SSR Fanatic would stop.

I just shipped repaired Fuse Box number 5 this month.

I do exchange, send YOUR fuse box, less relays/fuses and I send repaired one out same day out of inventory.

I ask $100. donation.

I repair bad unit and put in inventory for the ladies that will be sending me theirs soon.

Send in USPO Priority Flat Rate Medium box. Fast/cheap.

Dicktator

1. This is what to send and what I send back.
2. See the "Break"??
3. There is is!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,066 Posts
Temp Repair

Fred, if you can contact the Ladies, contact Ed in FL and see if he has the Temp
repair Jumper to bypass the broken wire in the fuse box.

Jack

·
Registered
2004 UV
1,188 Posts
Just a thought how much are the temporary to jumper by pass that Ed has, thinking it might not be a bad idea to just have one in the truck in case its needed, even thou I have a 04.

·
Premium Member
2,066 Posts
Not required for '04.

The '03 and '04 do not have the problem, only '05 and '06.

Jack

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
5,440 Posts
True Jack.... I know that just thought it might be something to have just in case you run across a stranded 05-06 like Old Fred did and could help them out of a jam.
Good idea. I had made up a jumper and put labels on each end as to where to plug in at. Carried it in glove box just in case my fuse box would fail. While in Daytona I talked to Ed and he said he could permanently fix with a jumper wire. So I had him fix mine. Still have the made up jumper so I will carry it with me just in case I come across a stranded SSR.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,797 Posts
IS this only for 2005?
The fuse box issue is only 2005 & 2006 . I carry the jumper and have used it a couple times to help out those who have had the failure while their fuse box is in FL being repaired. I carry it because when mine failed I had it replaced, before we know the 2006 was included in the problem, and so mine might fail again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you point out where I can find the fix? I am a new SSR owner (2 weeks) and I am trying to learn what issues to expect. I just finished the auto trans shift issue and want to know what other “treats”I can look forward to.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,797 Posts
Can you point out where I can find the fix? I am a new SSR owner (2 weeks) and I am trying to learn what issues to expect. I just finished the auto trans shift issue and want to know what other “treats”I can look forward to.
If you are talking about the fuse box fix, the permanent fix involves taking the fuse box apart and putting it back together. There a a few who have the supplies to make it economically efficient to many so that really is the easy way is to remove the box and send it to one of the repairing members to fix it. The removal process is described in Dicktator's Fix it Files.

While I have your attention, may I direct you to to the New Members section where you can post an introduction to yourself. Also, you should go to TOOLS at the top of the page, select User CP and then in the Your Profile section and fill in some information so those of us who can help you will know if we are nearby.

Reactions: Marc NY

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
Dicktator is the SSR guru. Has been there for many for a lot of years. I bet Mike and Roger are telling tales about the Fanatics and Dick.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts