Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This totally creeped me out when I saw it!!!!
dean kontz.JPG

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
39,908 Posts
That's some scary stuff, I agree with what Ron said. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
3,715 Posts
Kathy just looked it up on Amazon----one was $132 in "acceptable" condition---probably some pages torn up, one $42. Ebay had some for $2 to $4.

Nick

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
:rolleyes:

Yup, funny how some of those old "predictions" can seem to (match up) with reality if you don't read between the lines .

Looks to me like a "patch work" deal to make it seem like this guy accurately predicted our current situation.

I'm not buying it either.;)

·
SSR Believer
1,043 Posts
If you're ever in doubt about something on the Interwebs, Snopes is the go-to for fact-checking questionable things. Here's what it has to say about Kootnz's book and the details...

This little tid-bit from the Reuters article that @PokerGuy linked is interesting...

"We’re not entirely sure when or why this change occurred. From what we can tell, the biological weapon was originally called “Gorki-400” when this book was published in 1981. But by 2008, the name had been changed to “Wuhan-400.”

Plus this page is from a completely different book by a completely different author:

So one must be very careful about anything found on the net these days, especially "social media"! :unsure:

Agree with @blueroadster06, let's just work together to end it...... (y)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Not predictive, but if you wish to catch up on a well researched tome relating to strange & deadly viruses don't overlook Michael Crichton's "The Andromeda Strain." It is a good read plus a lesson about things that we don't understand & how that lack of knowledge can drive us to extremes of action, not always beneficial. I strongly recommend it if your looking for a good way to pass the government mandated spare time! Everybody stay well...
Tuckerred :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts