Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have a list of differences '03 to '04?

My '03 was manufactured in 10/03 so it seems like that would be an '04 model year yet the VIN definitely has the 3 in it. And CA registers it as a '03.

I am particularly concerned about suspension as the lowering springs vendors seem to avoid listing the 2003.

Oddly, I was able to order a 2003 service manual from Helm.

Lew

·
Premium Member
9,353 Posts
Lew,

There is no difference in manufacturing between 03s and 04s. 03s were built into December/03, ending in the 3100 range (other threads will have an exact number.)

My serial number is #567, built in late October. What serial number do you have?

Any options listed for 03 or 04 are interchangeable.

Ray

·
Registered
349 Posts
My #369 '03 was also built in early October. It seems that the only thing they did add for '04 was the ultraviolet color.

My Magnaflow cat-back exhaust fits them both exactly. I think some of the after market manufacturers aren't aware that there even was an '03 "model year", since the SSR was introduced as an '03 during the '04 model year for everyone else.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
A difference

One difference between the '03 and '04 is that on MyGMLink.com you can't register the '03 VIN because it doesn't recognize it! So even parts of GM don't know that the '03 exists (I heard that if you call them, they can add you. But I can't believe after 2 years THAT hasn't been fixed).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank You for the Info!

I truely appreciate the quick response of the forum members.

My-GM doesn't like my VIN either so I registered it with them as a 2004.

Helm lists two separate numbers for their 2003 and 2004 repair manuals.

I will post my serial number after I get a chance to retrive it.

Thanks,
Lew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts