·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
nice job

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,363 Posts
WOW!! - :surprise:

Those look fantastic. Clean installation, too. Thanks for posting night pics that show the brightness of the gauges. They look very easy to read.

Great improvement!!

===============
David :black:
images-8.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
972 Posts
was it REALLY 91 degrees? Or do the digital gauges just display the incorrect temp the same as the analog gauge did?

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,370 Posts
Way to go!!!

Nick

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,453 Posts
Nice I like it !!!!!! :thumbs

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
was it REALLY 91 degrees? Or do the digital gauges just display the incorrect temp the same as the analog gauge did?
No...had it running in the garage. Not happy with the location I put the sensor.

Going to tweak it a bit tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
972 Posts
No...had it running in the garage. Not happy with the location I put the sensor.
Going to tweak it a bit tomorrow.
It's GOOD that it comes with its own temp sensor, instead of relying on the info from the OEM sensor; and moots whether its the OEM sensor or OEM gauge that results in the (always) inaccurate temp reading - HA! (My OAT gauge is always WAAAYY off).

Cheers, Carl

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's GOOD that it comes with its own temp sensor, instead of relying on the info from the OEM sensor; and moots whether its the OEM sensor or OEM gauge that results in the (always) inaccurate temp reading - HA! (My OAT gauge is always WAAAYY off).

Cheers, Carl
Yep... moved the sensor this morning and took her for a spin. Pretty much spot on now. It was around 61 or 62 this morning and that’s what it was showing.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Where did you re-locate the sensor? I tried moving the stock sensor, with some improvement, but still not what I want to see.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Where did you re-locate the sensor? I tried moving the stock sensor, with some improvement, but still not what I want to see.
It's basically in the same area as the stock sensor just more towards the passenger side.... I assume the stock sensor is dual purpose feeding the DIC and the floor gauge.

The DIC seems to be more accurate then the floor gauge. It knew it was icy a few months back.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
It's basically in the same area as the stock sensor just more towards the passenger side.... I assume the stock sensor is dual purpose feeding the DIC and the floor gauge.

The DIC seems to be more accurate then the floor gauge. It knew it was icy a few months back.
:|
So, without my digging out my Service Manuals, just about where is the stock sensor located. I just might have to opt for these digital gauges. Looks very nice and the stock gauges don't really do much for me.

P.S. You need to bump the radio clock one minute so as to "sync" the time it shows in (Pic 2) with the new gauge.:grin2::wink2:

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:|
So, without my digging out my Service Manuals, just about where is the stock sensor located. I just might have to opt for these digital gauges. Looks very nice and the stock gauges don't really do much for me.

P.S. You need to bump the radio clock one minute so as to "sync" the time it shows in (Pic 2) with the new gauge.:grin2::wink2:
The sensor for the temperature is in front of the radiator, just below the upper crossmember. Look under the bowtie.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts