Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon & evening with Mark & Glory Home
They are on an extended vacation from England, and it was so nice they wanted to include me on their travels through British Columbia.

We had a wonderful dinner at Mason's Restaurant @ Sun Rivers Golf Resort - wonderful views over the valley.
It was somewhat embarrassing. It is so easy for guys in TX & FL etc to get a group together.
The closest SSR owners to me are a 5 hour round trip! HaHa!

Eventually, Mark is going to end up in Calgary, so maybe someone there can touch base and organize something a bit more exciting - but it was great to be one on one for several hours

Funny how one makes assumptions - I figured everyone from England had to be a Guinness guy!
HaHa! I made a point of buying some stout ale - he didn't exactly toss it down
We had steak, not fish & chips! Also, pale ale was the choice!

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting them.
After an Alaskan cruise, they seem to have a gorgeous British Columbia/Alberta tour planned including Radium, Jasper, Banff, Canmore and then onto Calgary

Mark's username is "Mark Home"

I tried to find the pictures but Mark has the "amphibians" - the monster river monsters

**This is close to what Mark has - also a smaller white version that sits on top of this one
There was a youtube as well - can't find it though

I remember kidding Mark about having to detail it 3 weeks ahead.

Attachments

·
Ret. Air Force
3,646 Posts
Mark really is a great guy...we met on the forum and we have sent MANY emails.
He was kind enough to help me track down some family members in England.
After divorcing my father, my mother moved to England (back in the late 60s) and remarried.
Years into her marriage, she took her own life. I was never able to meet her.
Mark helped me track down some family members of my mother's husband.

Hope he can make it down to Georgia on one of his visits. I owe him big time!!

·
Premium Member
59,868 Posts
I had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon & evening with Mark & Glory Home
They are on an extended vacation from England, and it was so nice they wanted to include me on their travels through British Columbia.

We had a wonderful dinner at Mason's Restaurant @ Sun Rivers Golf Resort - wonderful views over the valley.
It was somewhat embarrassing. It is so easy for guys in TX & FL etc to get a group together.
The closest SSR owners to me are a 5 hour round trip! HaHa!

Eventually, Mark is going to end up in Calgary, so maybe someone there can touch base and organize something a bit more exciting - but it was great to be one on one for several hours

Funny how one makes assumptions - I figured everyone from England had to be a Guinness guy!
HaHa! I made a point of buying some stout ale - he didn't exactly toss it down
We had steak, not fish & chips! Also, pale ale was the choice!

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting them.
After an Alaskan cruise, they seem to have a gorgeous British Columbia/Alberta tour planned including Radium, Jasper, Banff, Canmore and then onto Calgary

Mark's username is "Mark Home"

I tried to find the pictures but Mark has the "amphibians" - the monster river monsters

**This is close to what Mark has - also a smaller white version that sits on top of this one
There was a youtube as well - can't find it though

I remember kidding Mark about having to detail it 3 weeks ahead.

trrob in Calgary...….

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,308 Posts
Mark really is a great guy...we met on the forum and we have sent MANY emails.
He was kind enough to help me track down some family members in England.
After divorcing my father, my mother moved to England (back in the late 60s) and remarried.
Years into her marriage, she took her own life. I was never able to meet her.
Mark helped me track down some family members of my mother's husband.

Hope he can make it down to Georgia on one of his visits. I owe him big time!!
Alex, I'm using the black screen and can't make out any of your blue writing...F.Y.I.

·
BlueStreak
26,586 Posts
The question is, how is he writing in blue? Maybe we need a gray background, less glare and everything shows up

·
Ret. Air Force
3,646 Posts
Alex, I'm using the black screen and can't make out any of your blue writing...F.Y.I.
Thanks Gordy, I have had others tell me the same. Unfortunately, blue text has been my signature lettering for years. Guess I'll give green a go from here on out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
240 Gordy
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing