Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had two front tires put on my SSR. Today I was having the front end aligned and I noticed severe scuff marks on the inside of the wheels. I asked the guy yesterday at Discount Tires to get the old balancing weight glue off and it looked like he used a freaking grinder!!!!:mad

I will be back there tomorrow and post the results of my visit! The front wheels are totally trashed! :mad

·
Premium Member
35,819 Posts
Yesterday I had two front tires put on my SSR. Today I was having the front end aligned and I noticed severe scuff marks on the inside of the wheels. I asked the guy yesterday at Discount Tires to get the old balancing weight glue off and it looked like he used a freaking grinder!!!!:mad

I will be back there tomorrow and post the results of my visit! The front wheels are totally trashed! :mad
wtfha.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,920 Posts
WHAT the blankity, blank, blank. I just replaced the warning tag on the cargo lid yesterday for the same reason.

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
:eek Sorry to hear about your trouble davisfire. Please let me know if I can help.

-Travis
:thumbs
Way to step up.
Perhaps this thread should be titled..."Employee" at discount tire ruined my wheels it appears.
I will apologize for my hasty previous post and delete it.

JTR:yellow:

·
Slingshot Rules!
61,393 Posts
Bummer, Davisfire . . . keep us updated on the outcome.

Remember, the blunder is more than likely directly related to only one goofy employee, NOT Discount Tire. Let's see how Discount Tires addresses this fiasco.

I have had nothing but positive quality service from the local Discount Tire Shop here in Tucson. In fact, I was there just yesterday having New Sneakers installed on The Bummer and both of us could not be happier. They always treat Bummer and Doophus as if they were royalty.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:eek Sorry to hear about your trouble davisfire. Please let me know if I can help.

-Travis
Thanks Travis,

I haven't had a chance to talk to the manager yet. I have been doing business with them for 3 years and have never had a problem. I am pretty sure they will take care of it. I was just really ticked off yesterday when I found it.

Thanks again. :)

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Actually this DOES bring up a question I think of every time I wash my wheels!
That being, how Do you get the sticky crap from the previous wheel weights, off? I got some, hate it, but can't seem to get it off.

Will also support Discount Tire. Had to have all my tires rebalanced due to wear, while at the International Rally in Kerrville TX. Went to the local guys, they looked up the fact that I had purchased the sneekers here at home, did the work, and waived by-by! No Charge!

Now back, and think I threw a weight on the way home. Still, I have no reservations about visiting the local guys here in Kennesaw /Acworth. I Do remind them what center caps cost just before I ask them if they want me to remove them, and also remind them about the torque specs. But they don't see many of us, so if they don't get offended, no bother. If they would... no bother either cause I'd still tell them both things!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Our stores use an adhesive remover (be careful with the one you choose, make sure its safe for your wheels finish) and a shop towel after removing the weights with a plastic tool.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Very Happy Customer

Our stores use an adhesive remover (be careful with the one you choose, make sure its safe for your wheels finish) and a shop towel after removing the weights with a plastic tool.
I have purchased tires from Discount Tires for five of my cars , including my
SSR, always great service and price. There followup service is great, I stop in
every month to have the tire pressure checked, no charge and they thank me for coming in! I am and will be a loyal repeat customer.ZANE

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
13 Participants
abadssr
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing