Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Perfectionist
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the DJM 2-4 inch kit work on our trucks? Don't really want to go that low, but the kit comes with upper control arms. I guess they are a little longer to bring the top of the wheel out. Has anybody tried it? I have the eibach kit installed already, but was just wondering if this kit would work? especially just the control arms? D

·
Premium Member
3,864 Posts
Don't think you need the kit unless you want to lower the front 2" or more.
Your $, your truck, so you can do what you want, enjoy.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
I’ve got the Eibach Springs front & rear as well as the DJM upper control arms. They really straighten the angles on the ball joints however, in my opinion about a quarter inch to long and you have to make some modifications to the inner fenders so they don’t hit during travel.

Rope

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,127 Posts
Please keep in mind that the SSR already has approximately 3/4” lower ride height than the Trailblazer because of the front spring mounts. Trailblazer front shocks are NOT the same as SSR front shocks. The SSR lower spring mount point is actually lower on the shock than the Trailblazer.

Regards,

Mike

·
Perfectionist
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wondering mainly. Found a like new DJM kit on craigs for 400.00 Was thinkin of buyin it just for the a-arms, and selling the rest. But prob not gonna mess with it. It is on craigslist in Decatur il. if anybody else want it. D

·
Premium Member
9,359 Posts
Just wondering mainly. Found a like new DJM kit on craigs for 400.00 Was thinkin of buyin it just for the a-arms, and selling the rest. But prob not gonna mess with it. It is on craigslist in Decatur il. if anybody else want it. D
You can purchase a set of modified DJM upper A arms, designed specifically for the SSR from Norcal SS for less than $400. Here is a link to his thread on Fanatics. His phone number is there.

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f99/custom-norcal-ss-ssr-tbss-specific-arms-68313/

I purchased upper A arms from him last year. I would recommend you also purchase a set of neoprene bushings from Simple Engineering, and re-do the lower arms at the same time. You'll toss out the upper arm bushings, but the ones for the lower arms are much bigger components. Might as well do it all at the same time, rather than have to take the suspension apart later to do the lower arm bushings.

I had a GM mechanic do mine at night in my garage for cash. He took the lower arms to work to press out the old and press in the new bushings. Re-doing the upper arms really helps with alignment. I couldn't get mine to align until I installed the DJM arms.

I would recommend you take some time to do the install. Install the upper arms loosely, and hinge them upward to see where you need to cut out some material from the gusset that braces the inner fender liner. Cutting that material will not cause any issues with any components within the inner fender. Make sure you cut upward approximately 3 inches from where the DJM arm first contacted metal. Tony at Norcal suggested 2 inches, but my truck bottomed out with that amount of clearance. Much easier to do the cutting before you assemble the suspension - ask me how I know that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts