Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife had me dumping large flower pots into a 30 gallon garbage can. That stressed my neck and caused my left side to get weak. (My left side was paralyzed at Mayo from a failed spinal surgery 6 years ago.) So, I was using my cane and the side of a building for support. My left foot dropped and I tripped and went on my forehead on concrete. I basically gave myself a concussion and whiplash. That was 4 weeks ago today. So, I'm trying to get over all that. I'm improving slowly anyway.

I just wanted to tell anyone that's interested, I was in the process of making 50 more sets of Under Hood Letters and 25 sets of the 2003-2004 Engine Cover Grilles. I have them all cut out and just need to debur them and have them powder coated. Then, get them heat sealed into the poly packaging.

It all takes time and the ability to do a good job of it. So... all I can say is "ASAP" at this time. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
7,295 Posts
DakotaDocMartin, did something like that 4 or 5 weeks ago ... fell on my left shoulder. Ended up getting a Cortizone shot or a Steriod shot, one or the other. Seems OK now. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,770 Posts
Hope you are back to "normal" soon!

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,406 Posts
Wow....so sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident.

>>>>> images-46.jpeg <<<<<​

★★ -- Hope you're feeling much better real soon. :smile2:

=============
David :black:
images-2.png

·
Registered
53 Posts
hi

get better

I am just getting back to normal mine happened 5 weeks ago I missed 1 step 12 stiches in face, knee,

can I pre order the hood lettering

mike

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,105 Posts
Hi Doc,

Sorry to hear you are struggling..... I will certainly have you in my daily prayers, starting right now. Get healthy and rehab yourself.... the rest of the family will be patient while you heal.

Take really good care of yourself. Know that we are with you...

Regards,

Mike

·
Slingshot Rules!
73,607 Posts
Big Ole Bummer, Doc . . .

Remember . . . getting better is more important than SSR Stuff.

! :grouphug ! :angel ! :grouphug ! :angel ! :grouphug !

134 Posts
Doc
Hi...I have been there.... and done that !!!
I can only relay these two words of wisdom....

Pace Yourself....

Frank....

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I drove about 45 minutes to Crookston, MN this afternoon so I could get an MRI of my neck. They have the largest diameter magnet in the region so it has a bigger tunnel to squash a person into. They are going to try to find out what can be done for the 24/7 pain. I'm already taking Gabapentin, Mobic, Tylenol and Tramadol... plus a few afternoon adult beverages. That helps but it never goes away. I'm always around a "7" on the 1-10 scale.

They are thinking maybe some injections might help. In the meanwhile... holding two beagles in my recliner seems to help. :)

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Well, I drove about 45 minutes to Crookston, MN this afternoon so I could get an MRI of my neck. They have the largest diameter magnet in the region so it has a bigger tunnel to squash a person into. They are going to try to find out what can be done for the 24/7 pain. I'm already taking Gabapentin, Mobic, Tylenol and Tramadol... plus a few afternoon adult beverages. That helps but it never goes away. I'm always around a "7" on the 1-10 scale.

They are thinking maybe some injections might help. In the meanwhile... holding two beagles in my recliner seems to help. :)
Hope they can find the problem and get you well soon Doc!! :smile2:

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,488 Posts
Good Luck! Hope they find something and are able to get you some relief.

Nick

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,457 Posts
Good Luck! Hope they find something and are able to get you some relief.

Nick
Good luck to you Doc. Remember to follow the Doc's instruction and get back to feeling like a Fanatic. We need your stuff!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts