Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to sell my '04 Ultraviolet with 11,537 miles. I'm hoping someone here can possibly give me an approximate value since you all have much more experience with these vehicles than I do. It does have a few flaws that would need to be considered. 1.) Roof ajar flashes with top up and secured. 2.) The only gauge that works is the speedometer (I was told servo motors may be the culprit). 3.) There is a fluid leak somewhere in the operating system for the retractable top. Both the interior and exterior are 9/10. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated in attaining a fair starting point.

·
Premium Member
5,846 Posts
Really can't put a value on something that doesn't work properly. There are some in good working condition going as low as 12K. Just my .02 The only advantage I see is the low mileage. Some say that is a good thing some say bad. One thing for sure, this topic has been debated numerous times.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Low mileage '04's in tip top condition can be found from the high teen's to the low 20's. Super sharp ones with all the updates and extras might see the mid 20's. As stated above, you really should fix what's wrong with yours or be willing to take serious beating on your selling price.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,019 Posts
Value of a perfect condition low miles 04 is about $20,000. Listing everything that is wrong with it I would start by deducting about $6000 to sell as is or repair everything prior to sale and then ask $20,000. Just a ball park place to start.

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Really can't put a value on something that doesn't work properly. There are some in good working condition going as low as 12K. Just my .02 The only advantage I see is the low mileage. Some say that is a good thing some say bad. One thing for sure, this topic has been debated numerous times.
Good post Robert, especially you're opening sentence. Mileage is sure to be a plus for most wannabe's, Ultra Violet another plus, exterior & interior a 9 or a 10 a good selling point.

Stepper motors ... get 'em fixed !!!

Top ... find somebody ASAP that know's what they're doing to get it in working order. This is a MUST !!!

There are many, many SSRfanatics in Texas that should be able to help you or advise you. Wishing you the very best. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,381 Posts
Looked at the Map and find you are in the Houston area. There is a really active group in that area. They may be able to help you get your truck in shape and might even convince you to change your name to Chevy Fan. The biggest thing that hurts these fun trucks is to let them sit and rot. Good luck but if you continue to head toward a sale you really need to fix it first to get your value.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for all of the input to everyone who posted replies. I do plan on making the necessary repairs but was mostly interested in the value, post repair. Thanks again for all of the advice!!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,381 Posts

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,360 Posts
:agree:agree:agree Go to the Breakfast, meet them! Nothing you mentioned sounds like a big deal for those guys.

Nick

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
We are having a Tech day Nov 11 in the Dalls area. Hey the parts and some good ole Texans will help ya. Have you talked to Dinnerman?

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Good luck in your sale....Ultra Violet...was voted the most loved color in any SSR. Trust me this is not Fake News.:wink2:

Please give the buyer a set of sun glass's when the purchase this SSR.......the brightness of the U.V. can and cause blindness.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I would PM Cash and talk to him about your truck, he is pretty good at knowing values or can point you in the right direction anyway

1 - 14 of 14 Posts