Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 on order but am shocked at the negative quality comments here. Is this just a case of the people who have problems speaking out or is there really a qualiy problem with these trucks?

I dont want a new truck that will always be in the shop. Will this be the case?

When I was in the service dept for the first time with my vette today and asked the service teck about the SSR he told me to stay away which was before I just read the negative comments.

Honestly, whats the story - im really only intrested in quality issues with 05 models and 06.

Thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
05 w/2500 hard miles in one month other than slight harmonic tone from aluminum driveshaft which you cannot here with the radio on or top down no problemo here

Coz :reddevil

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,194 Posts
We speak openly about almost anything that is bothering us. Quite often, someone else has already experienced the problem and has found the cure.

We are a passionate bunch that don't hide anything. These open discussions could be mistaken for a lot of problems, but I think more that it is just good communication.

Don't let us scare you off. Dive one for a week. You'll be hooked.

Mike

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Excellent Choice of Words

mikem-2005 said:
We speak openly about almost anything that is bothering us. Quite often, someone else has already experienced the problem and has found the cure.

We are a passionate bunch that don't hide anything. These open discussions could be mistaken for a lot of problems, but I think more that it is just good communication.

Don't let us scare you off. Dive one for a week. You'll be hooked.

Mike

Couldn't have said it better myself! :agree This is why these sites are put together to learn from not to badger. I have a 04. I know you have a 06 on order. If something happend to my 04 I would order a 06 right away! All vehicles have issues but not all of them are deemed undriveable.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I have had a few problems, but they pale in comparison with the joy of owning such a unique vehicle. They are irrelevant compared to the joy I get cruising with the top down and listening to that growl from the V8! Problems can be fixed. Perhaps you should drive one and find out for yourself. :thumbs

·
Registered
116 Posts

I have had my 05 auto for almost one year, about 8,000 miles....no issues....

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Love my truck

Less problems with my SSR than most other trucks I've had.... much more fun too!!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Problems? :lol Well you could say i have had some problems.. Over 19 issues plus the tow in last night back to the dealership..

Would I buy another SSR? IN A HEARTBEAT

here is a link to my problem child...lol

My SSR troubles

·
Registered
253 Posts
Boosted said:
Problems? :lol Well you could say i have had some problems.. Over 19 issues plus the tow in last night back to the dealership..

Would I buy another SSR? IN A HEARTBEAT

Well said, yes SRX we all have our issues with the truck, I don't think anymore than anyother vehicle has. We just have a place to compile it all and keep track of. Look around at the site and you'll see we all pretty much love the truck that Chevy finally built.

Top down, tunes up, foot on the gas!

·
Registered
3 Posts
SSR problems

I have had my 2005 for about 3 months and 1700 miles and the only problem so far is that the driver's side door handle started acting up on exit. It took 2 or 3 tries to get the door opened. I set the preferences to unlock doors when put in park and the door has been working fine so far. I hope i don't have to take it in for a new door panel as have some of the other owners. thanks, Ken

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have an 05 auto nad have had 0 problems thus far with about 4 months and about 3200 miles. I have noticed the tink noise though.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a Richochet Silver 05 auto, 1600 miles since June, not one problem. I have "displayed" the top up/down procedure many times. Also not been tender in driving it. Simply put the car is a beast, robust, very fun, very fast.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
I have a 2005 6 Speed and no problems to date, but then again I am changing so much with it I dont think it will have a warranty any more. I am a Fanatic about this vehicle so dont be discouraged about your purchase.

What do you have on order (color, transmission etc.)?

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
BUDDYWHITE said:
My 05 has a loose nut behind the wheel.
Try some duct tape, and that should keep it in place. :thumbs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No real life threatening problems with my '05 Blur. And yes, I am damn glad I bought it. Let's be frank or anyone else you want to be,... with any car you will have some problems. Thank gawd you have a great bunch of nuts like these people to tell you what is going on, and to compile questions and answers.

I would say if you are already worrying about purchasing the SSR get something else. And if you can find a vehicle out there, which you have nothing to worry about (buyers remorse) please let us know what kind of car/truck that is. To date (47 yrs.) I have never heard of one. ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts