Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or are all the speakers driven off the HU? if there is an amp, where is it?

how easy it it to get access to the convertible top storage area, and how do you go about doing it?

thanks,
Wes

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
interesting i'll have to check it out tonight -- any idea on the make/model?

thanks!!!
-Wes

·
Registered
541 Posts
Correction...

The 2005 1SB has a 250 watt amp. I do not know about the 1SA.

The 1SB amp would be for the Delco/Bose setup, so it is probably a Delco amp. I haven't had the cover off mine yet. Just a WAG.

Diggs

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is it in that lockbox? i couldn't see anything else in there... i'll prolly pull everything anyway. thinking about doing an eclipse avn2454 and some nice components. i can't find the w00x in stores nearby, but i did go check out the infinity basslink in person -- either one will probably work well.

thanks!
Wes

·
Registered
541 Posts
Woox

I went with the Kenwood partly because of the size. You'll be hard pressed to put anything else in the truck without doing some surgery.

Diggs

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
The high end bose headunits and amp are not the same as most aftermarket systems. The head unit puts out audio signals at an unvarying volume. The amplified volume adjustment is done in the amp, and is controlled by either the headunit or the steering wheel.

This makes things slightly more complex if you intend to replace only one or the other of the components.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if the head unit played mp3s i *might* consider keeping it but as it doesn't, it has to go. I'm tempted to build a carputer using a laptop i have -- it would certainly be a lot cheaper than the eclipse option, and would be a lot of fun... we'll see =)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
The 05's head unit is supposed to play cd's containing MP3's. Still I'd prefer a hard drive based juke box. I really dislike swapping CD's around.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
music

beer100 said:
The 05's head unit is supposed to play cd's containing MP3's. Still I'd prefer a hard drive based juke box. I really dislike swapping CD's around.
Creative Labs Nomad Zen - 40 gig drive - about $200 on sale. Little wireless transmitter direct to the radio - about $25 - $35. Wiorks GREAT and a heck of a lot cheaper than the IPod

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glenn - from what i understand, the single cd deck on the 1sa will play mp3s, however the 6 disc changer on my 1sb won't. if it did, and i could have 6 mp3 cds, then that would be plenty of music...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts