Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
You better look at the HHR also! The interchanging of parts. Looks like someone on this site stole the radio out of my Black Glaze HHR and painted the radio controls black.

:smash :smash :smash​

·
Premium Member
31,647 Posts
Did you know....

That the climate control came from Alfa Romeo? It's in the SSR book! (Page 55) (Apparently, GM has a substantial interest in Alfa Romeo via Fiat.)

I guess I'm fine with this occasional parts swapping. Just as long as we don't start seeing Honduh or Toyoduh parts in our GM vehicles. :smash

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
The HVAC control head was used in an Alfa Romeo, but it was made by Delphi. We just liked the compact nature of the knobs and controls. We had to reengineer the guts to make it work in an SSR. The only part really used was the housing and knob structure. I do not know what is in the HHR or SKY, but they look and act like SSR knobs on my HHR.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
I don't see the "High Defrost" option on the far right of the right control. I really like that option......

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Foreign parts

Don't worry about Foreign parts in GM cars the HHR is made totaly in MEXICO.:banghead :cry :mad

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
mcvett2 said:
Don't worry about Foreign parts in GM cars the HHR is made totaly in MEXICO.:banghead :cry :mad

As well as many other trucks and cars:banghead

1 - 8 of 8 Posts