Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Discussion Starter #1
I think most of the effect making it appear lifted is the black paint around the wheel wells. But it still looks like it has been raised up a bit... 👩‍🔧

Lifted 2003 SSR on Ebay???

ee485d006e_1280_overlay.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
It has black accents around the fender wells. Note the reflector at each wheel well, how it over laps the black paint stripe. Just a paint accent , not lifted.

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
714 Posts
If it is lifted why? Generally, if you lift a vehicle then you put bigger wheels and tires on it.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
It has black accents around the fender wells. Note the reflector at each wheel well, how it over laps the black paint stripe. Just a paint accent , not lifted.
:rolleyes:
I agree. Not sure why owner would have chosen to do that. It for sure "accents" the tires/wheels and makes them stand out. Yet they appear to be "stock" wheels.

I do not care for that look. It does make the truck appear lifted. I like mine lowered as it gives it good (stance).;)

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,123 Posts
Some times the wheel well area gets chipped or the rear valance area and that would be a way to fix it just paint about 3 inches around the wheel wells. It is painted also under the doors and around the rear valance all to match. Some full size pickups have the rubber fender guards on and maybe that was the look he was going for. Like others I agree it does not look lifted as you can see the actual wheel well opening based on the side marker lights. Probably have to ask who did it and why?

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
3,861 Posts
To me it looks raised a little because of the Running boards distance from the ground. As mentioned before, NOT for me, BUT---

Nick

·
Registered
292 Posts
Plot twist,
It was painted around the wells... And actually lifted to put bigger wheels on, but the bigger wheels were custom made identical to stock... Hmmmm...?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts