Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stars have align and now I am going to retire at the end of October. Jody (Sailing) is going to be my last SSR that I will be doing. She drop it off yesterday for complete redo and will pick it up during the Chocolate/ Covered Bridge Tour that I co-host.
It has been 42 years and now it time to join all the other retired fanatics :laugh:. I would like to thank all who had there SSR's worked on here. The SSR has been a passion of mine ever since getting one back in 2004. It has been a pleasure to help anyone that had a question or need of repair on their R.

Oh by the way Jody's R will only take two weeks:grin2:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,386 Posts
I know you are going to enjoy retirement. Is this going to affect the C/CB Tour in future years? I am sure you cannot improve it, but it might be that you would be less pressured during planning.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,594 Posts
Congratulations Doug! I too have 47 years in at GM an am looking to retire late next year. :thumbs

Please share some photos of your last SSR work! :)

I met you and Margo back in 2004 at the first Chevy get together at the WDC - Coney Island event. It was a great time for all of us indeed.

Attachments

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,758 Posts
Congratz. As long as you can find things to keep busy besides "honey doos" :wink2: you will enjoy it.
Linda asks if you will still have access to the shop during the Chocolate/ Covered Bridge Tour :grin2:

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,440 Posts
Congratulations on your retirement Doug you are going to love it !!!!!!!! :wink2:

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Congratulations Doug! After a few months of retirement you will wonder how you ever found the time to work. All my best to you and Margo.

·
Premium Member
9,614 Posts
Congratulations Doug! I too have 47 years in at GM an am looking to retire late next year.

Please share some photos of your last SSR work!

I met you and Margo back in 2004 at the first Chevy get together at the WDC - Coney Island event. It was a great time for all of us indeed.
Great picture.. congratulations to you on your future retirement

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,931 Posts
First met you at the Power Tour at the Memphis Autoplex with Focks and Phoenix. We had just bought Hawk and were on our way back to San Diego. Caught you racing a Mustang back then. Have always looked forward to seeing you guys. Congrats to your upcoming retirement. How Lucky Jodi is to have the Last place in line at your Shop. Don't look at the empty spaces behind Hers, but, go to the other side and look Foreward to see what has yet to be done. Never Look Back, Always look Foreward to the Future, ay! We'll be seeing you.... Down the Road!

·
Certified SSR "Nutcase"
1,816 Posts
Retirement:

Doug,

Congratulations on your retirement.....welcome to the "club". :cheers

I retired early last year after a 46 year career as a structural engineer. I know that you're due and ready, and I hope that your career did not "burn you out" as bad as mine did me.

Enjoy hopefully the stress free living that your certainly have earned.

Alex

1 - 20 of 25 Posts