Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the answer to the stone and bug pitting that will eventually happen is a clear film 3M product that is cut out by computer and applied like a decal. It comes is 4 parts.. Lower Grille, upper hood and mirrors, head and fog light and finally a door strip guard. What they are missing is a covering for the front of the rear fenders that can get pitted by stones kicked up from the front tires.

Best price for self install is www.chipguard.com
Best site that lists installers in your area is www.stoneguard.com
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,665 Posts
1badassr said:
I think the answer to the stone and bug pitting that will eventually happen is a clear film 3M product that is cut out by computer and applied like a decal. It comes is 4 parts.. Lower Grille, upper hood and mirrors, head and fog light and finally a door strip guard. What they are missing is a covering for the front of the rear fenders that can get pitted by stones kicked up from the front tires.

Best price for self install is www.chipguard.com
Best site that lists installers in your area is www.stoneguard.com
Be careful of the 3M product - only guaranteed for 5 yrs and I'm told it yellows. I did mine with Xpel - much longer guarantee. Also did the front of the rear fenders and the top of the tailgate. Came out pretty good - have to find a guy with a lot of experience. Mine contracts to do pre-purchase Ferrari's at a few dealerships as an purchase option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
houtex said:
Be careful of the 3M product - only guaranteed for 5 yrs and I'm told it yellows. I did mine with Xpel - much longer guarantee. Also did the front of the rear fenders and the top of the tailgate. Came out pretty good - have to find a guy with a lot of experience. Mine contracts to do pre-purchase Ferrari's at a few dealerships as an purchase option.
Hopefully you dont mind if I chime in here to help explain the product a little more.

Xpel uses 3M material, what they do is offer a longer warranty for five years than the two year factory warranty from 3M. We offer lifetime for the film for cracking, fading and or yellowing for as long as you own the car.

I tried to check the chipguard site to comapre price, but it was down. Here is what I know of already

Xpel $460
StonGard $707
RockBlocker $350

And yes you want a trained installer with some backgrounf. These kits are not the easiest in the world to install. 3M also has a new version of iflm coming down the pipeline too.

Rear flares are $80 for the set btw, hopefully this helps some people out :lurk
 

·
Machell
Joined
·
20,829 Posts
I checked out the site and didn't see any info about what vehicles they can do. Do you know for sure they can do SSR's? And do you know if there are dealers in Texas? I will email them for further info. Thanks for sharing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
wildcat66 said:
I checked out the site and didn't see any info about what vehicles they can do. Do you know for sure they can do SSR's? And do you know if there are dealers in Texas? I will email them for further info. Thanks for sharing

Not sure who are referring too, but yes the kit is out. Check the new section on the front of the site. It compares in coverage with StonGard and Xpel with lifetime warranty on the film without the cost.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
151 Posts
In comparing these don't just look at the warranty. The Stonegard complete kit includes the rear flare and the doorhandle cups and over the windshield. Xpel has these but at an extra cost. I've spent time checking these out and for the same amount of body coverage they come out about the same with a better warranty on the Stonegard.

This is only my opinion but I think I'm going to make the trip to the place closest to me (New Jersey) to have the Stonegard installed.

To each his own.


drbob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
wildcat66 said:
I agree that you get more for your money, the warranty wasn't the only thing, but a lifetime warranty means great business sense and customer satisfaction.

Hmm... the lifetime warranty is for yellowing...

so my question is - how would you know? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
Ultrashield option

U may also want 2 chk out www.ultrashieldusa.com as well. I had it installed on ALL the leading edges except the rear fenders 4 $550.00. :thumbs

Same 5 yr warranty.


:cool
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top