Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 aqua blur
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have driver door handle problems and found many years ago about ordering new handles or bezels. My door opens from the inside on the second pull. I have put on the dictator repair kit. So now at 2020 what do we have for that repair. I apologize if it’s on the site I tried to find the answer

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just worked on mine today for the same problem. I took a pair of Channel locks. And bent the rod that goes from the handle mechanism to the door latch. Effectively shortening it a little to pull a little more. If someone has a better or proper fix. I’m all ears. Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2006 aqua blur
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just worked on mine today for the same problem. I took a pair of Channel locks. And bent the rod that goes from the handle mechanism to the door latch. Effectively shortening it a little to pull a little more. If someone has a better or proper fix. I’m all ears. Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So I think I have mine fixed. I looked at site and used a couple ideas. First I checked over the repair work on handle pin connection and moved one side almost 1/8 “ to straighten the handle I also used spray lubricant At places the rod was sliding through connections and also the latch area in and out Last it seemed the handle did not go into the door connector deep enough and came out some when the lever was pulled. So I used double sided tape and about 3/16 shim on back
Of the chrome piece that bolts to the door by the handle so that it pushed the handle assembly closer to the door rod connector. All working good now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts