Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My driver’s side door makes a ‘cracking’ noise when I open / close it. It seems the bearing in the attached is messed up and may need replacing as the hardware in this area does not pivot smoothly when the door is moving between open / close positions. While this looks like a philips head, it is not removable with a screw driver. Anyone have any input? I’ve tried a liberal amount of grease but the problem persists.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
Hi all,

My driver’s side door makes a ‘cracking’ noise when I open / close it. It seems the bearing in the attached is messed up and may need replacing as the hardware in this area does not pivot smoothly when the door is moving between open / close positions. While this looks like a philips head, it is not removable with a screw driver. Anyone have any input? I’ve tried a liberal amount of grease but the problem persists.
Look Here.
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=3EF3...DCE5E5!784&parId=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&o=OneUp

Reactions: Auggie Doggie

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! I have that repository and used it for other fixes, but didn't notice this one - appreciate you linking me directly to it. Many thanks to Dicktator for the great content!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts