Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2004 slingshot yellow ssr
7 Posts
Driver door stopped window indexing: window wouldn't drop down the 1/2 inch to clear the roof. Problem was part called door latch and actuator. When hunting for one came to dead ends for SSR, BUT... the one for the S-10 pickup is identical! got a new one on ebay for $38.50. now they are $36.85. we even got a spare for that price. it has been working all functions on my 2003 for many months this is the way it is listed:
For Chevy S10 GMC Sonoma 15066132 931260 Door Latch & Actuator Front Left
Good to know thanks

·
Registered
2004 chevrolet ssr
35 Posts
this thread has died. has anyone ever gotten to the bottom this to find out if the s-10 door latch and actuator is actually a good fit for replacement on our doors

·
Registered
2004 chevrolet ssr
35 Posts
Yes it works, I did a write up on it showing what the differences are and what you do, I replaced the passengers side one on my 05 Aqua Blur
thanks for the reply, my problem is the drivers side. do you know if there is some sort of switch behind the door handle that activates the index down cycle or is it all in that door latch and actuator. thanks

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,572 Posts
thanks for the reply, my problem is the drivers side. do you know if there is some sort of switch behind the door handle that activates the index down cycle or is it all in that door latch and actuator. thanks
It’s all in the door latch….

·
Registered
'04 pure stock silver SSr
122 Posts
I'm just catching up.... What's the part number for the 'correct' driver's side mechanism and where do I find it??? I have the same issue on mu 20,000 mile '04.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
5,294 Posts
931260 will get you the Left or Drivers side. 931261 will get you the Right or Passengers side. I ordered mine from Rock Auto. I buy a lot from them so that is why I went there. Others have bought them off Ebay I believe.
Here is a thread on replacing it and what you have to do.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts