Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts

Seen this on overhaulin .... I had Tryed to find there web site, with no luck. Thanks for the post. :thumbs ... I Backed it up with a e-mail of interest, to hopefuly show them there is a big enough market to produce an SSR set. It would help if many people asked about an SSR set. :rolleyes:

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,368 Posts
I saw the show where they instlalled this on the Magnum on the Chip Foose Show, Overhaulin'. I thought it was interesting until after the installation and paint, you can still see the outline of the unit after they were finished, I wasn't that impressed. If you're going to "hide" the handle with a $400 piece of merchandise why not make it totally invisible?

If Chip Foose cannot get this this item to disappear after installation and new paint I doubt that anyone else would be much better at it. The concept of touch control has been around for awhile, my father had a touch control reel to reel stereo in the late 70's. If I bought the unit for any of my cars I would make sure that the sensor was very small and invisible to the eye. I don't think you will see a kit made just for the SSR as there are two issues, the scalloped opening in the body as well as the existing handle, it's going to be tough to cover both without major rework.

There is always the fall back plan if you have to have something different and that is to get the touch pad kit for windows listed at the bottom of the application page. Lock down the exisiting handle so that it doesn't move and put the touch pad near the bottom of the windshield.

Just another thing to go wrong in my opinion, and then there's the dead battery issue..........................

:seeya

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I like the handles & would'nt want to change them. I thought it would be ideal if we could make the only remaining door lock disapear.

·
Registered
374 Posts
The C-6's have something like this, but they include an emergency manual release handle inside each door panel incase of battery failure or other type of failure.

Most shaved door systems us a relay that pops open the doors using existing door lock mechanisms, just replacing the outside handle. I believe some use a hidden safety release for dead battery situations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts