Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SSR Club Scribe
29,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Door Locked. Say, something unusual happened. I went to pay for gas. Mary was in the truck. I left my door open. Mary said it tried to lock an unlock several times. When I shut my door, it was locked. It would not unlock using the key fob. Because the window was down, I manually unlocked it and got in and drove away. My issue is that if I were alone and the window had been up, I would not have gained access. Oh yes, when I unlocked the door, the alarm went off.

????

·
SSR Pit Crew
9,297 Posts
Guess you should name the :yellow: Christine :glol :glol :glol

Other than the alarm going off when unlocking the door manually (I think its supposed to, at least mine does the same but usually in the garage) I have no idea what the problem may be. :)

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I just put new batteries in all my vehicle FOBS. The SSR fobs seem really touchy now. I lock and unlock and set off the panic from my pocket all the time.

I always carry 2 sets of keys. one set in each front pocket.

Learned that trick the hard way too many times.

·
BlueStreak
27,171 Posts
If you lock the door with the console switch while the door is open and then close it you will trigger the alarm when you unlock the door with a fob or the key (I think). I know if you use the lock button on a fob with the door open and then close it you will trigger the alarm by unlocking it by any metod accept the fob used to lock it. This allows you to lock up with the top down and be protected, somewhat, from someone unlocking it by hand.

EDIT: This information is in the Owner's Manual. Mine is not handy right now or I would tell you where.

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,850 Posts
Couple of things.

1. If you push the lock button on your console, get out of the car, the car will LOCK ITSELF in about 15/20 seconds.

2. May have bad connection on module under water fall. Module controls locking/fobs/alarm, etc.

Waterfall held on with about 5 clips, carefull pry up and remove. Check module in center for bad conection. This has happened before.

Dicktator

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,821 Posts
sounds normal for #1. 7-10 sec delay locking when you have door open and use the lock button on the console. it also sets the alarm. if you unlock with the key or pull the lock knob, you have 7-10 sec to insert the key and start the engine B-4 the alarm sequence activates.

·
Carolina Fanatic
7,419 Posts
I try not to close my door completely while getting my gas for that very reason, getting locked out. I use the console button to lock my truck each time when I leave it and the key fob to re-enter later, so far no problems or issues.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
doors locking

Door Locked. Say, something unusual happened. I went to pay for gas. Mary was in the truck. I left my door open. Mary said it tried to lock an unlock several times. When I shut my door, it was locked. It would not unlock using the key fob. Because the window was down, I manually unlocked it and got in and drove away. My issue is that if I were alone and the window had been up, I would not have gained access. Oh yes, when I unlocked the door, the alarm went off.

????
I also had a problem . But it was my battery being dead , completly dead . You see I left my SSR set for 8 months & as a result , I went to start it & I put in my key & could not get it back out. Quik-fix was change battery , But remember to leave the door open ,or you well lock your keys in the car.
Raider Keith:silver:

·
SSR Club Scribe
29,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also had a problem . But it was my battery being dead , completly dead . You see I left my SSR set for 8 months & as a result , I went to start it & I put in my key & could not get it back out. Quik-fix was change battery , But remember to leave the door open ,or you well lock your keys in the car.
Raider Keith:silver:
Hmmmm. Good advice. Most everyone says the same, leave the door open.

Thank you one and all. :liebe011:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts