Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a difference in the size of door panels ? If the answer is yes, how are they different & what years are involved ? Part #'s always help.

Thanks, TOM :ssr

·
Just a voyeur now...
154 Posts
From what I've read on this forum, there was a change in the panels that was done to leave more room between the seat and the door panel. This was due to many complaints about the space being so tight that people could only adjust the seat controls with the door open. The redesigned panels started appearing during the '05 model year, and they can be retrofit to earlier models. Sorry, but I don't have part numbers.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Tom,
I put a set of 05 door panels on my 04 and they require no modification, all you have to do is transfer the top painted piece to the new panels and you are all set. I think they were worth the $$ as now you can actually get at the seat controls. Also if you have the panels off that's a good chance to put mole skin on the weather strips if you have not done so already ! ! ! ! :ssr

·
Registered
12 Posts
05 door panel numbers

RH 89044959 LH 89044958 these are 05 panels that fit perfectly on 04. Much better but still could be improved. They really should have been put on the door. My hands are large and I still have difficulty. Bill Ford

·
Premium Member
31,427 Posts
bdford said:
They really should have been put on the door. My hands are large and I still have difficulty. Bill Ford
I too have some difficulty. But then again, aside from the possible use of the seat heaters, I don't have much need to touch the seat controls. Once I have it set to my preference, it pretty much stays there.

I really think they could have worked the window controls into the door somehow and left the center console for seat controls. Our '86 Buick Riv (the first of the all-computer touch-screen/flourescent dispaly dashboard models) had the seat and mirror controls on the center console. I've also seen it on the Cutlass Supreme International Series. I'm sure plenty of other GM cars have been similarly equipped over the years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts