Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the trim pieces from Sport Trucks by Ed on eBay. We got the center of the wheel stickers and the door and tailgate sill inserts. I didn't get a picture of the wheels yet and the wife has the truck today.

It takes a little patience to get them lined up in the indentations, but I think it adds a nice, subtle touch.

Diggs

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Is this a thin vinyl or domed? I had trouble lining up thin stickers( which was bought at e-bay) and ruined them.
Domed decal seems to be the best from all the threads read. Who can tell me how to get them?

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I did not get the domed type and also had trouble lining them up, but took my time and used a pair of tweezers, actually two pair, to manipulate them into position. I used the round end of paintbrush to push them into place. I wrapped terry cloth over the brush handle to prevent damaging the vinyl too and that worked nicely. They were pretty inexpensive so I would just order another set and try again.

·
Registered
60 Posts
domed decals

I got the domed decals on ebay. Had the flat ones first and couldn't get them to line up right. A real pain. The domed ones look better and are much easier to install.

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Colored Domed Versions?

drtaz said:
I got the domed decals on ebay. Had the flat ones first and couldn't get them to line up right. A real pain. The domed ones look better and are much easier to install.
What colors do they have in the domed versions?

·
Registered
60 Posts
domed decals

Mine were silver with the red R. I don't know what other colors they come in. They were listed on ebay as domedecals I think.

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,223 Posts
Domeddecals

Kinda like the difference between zircons and diamonds - you get what you pay for. Liked the domed ones enough that I ordered the hood emblem domed decals in yellow - should have them next week, and will forward a photo. The sill and tailgate ones are exceptionally well done - the red R glows in the sun - great finishing touch, and they fit the outlines much better than the flat decals.

One bit of advice - each letter is separate, which makes them fairly easy to work with. If you peel the backing halfway and fold it back, it makes a nice handle to control where it drops in. Works great.

Ray

·
Registered
60 Posts
domed decals

I was offered the domed decals for the front grill, but since I didn't see a picture of them I didn't get them. When you get them be sure and post a picture of them on the truck then I can decide.

T

·
0 Posts
Here`s a pic in red ( domed decals)
pretty pleased, $50. + shipping.
There reflective when lights shine on them.
Regards,
John

Attachments

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
not for me

too tacky for me.....

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Tacky Slacky, we all have different tastes folks. I was hoping the decals for "under the hood" meant for the heat shield. I hope they have them for that, but I doubt they can create a substance that sticks to that material, other than velcro and it also has to withstand the heat under the hood. I think I may just end up putting frisket paper on it and airbrushing it myself with some of the materials I have in my studio. I personally like all the variety coming out of the woodwork for customization. I don't subscribe to a lot of it, but it is interesting. All part of the creative process. We all seek to have something a bit different, which is why I bought my SSR in the first place. I want to preserve the incredibly beautiful styling yet make it unique to my own tastes and whimsical ideas without destroying the flow and beauty of the SSR's unique attributes. :seeya

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
under hood sticker

cruzned said:
Tacky Slacky, we all have different tastes folks. I was hoping the decals for "under the hood" meant for the heat shield. I hope they have them for that, but I doubt they can create a substance that sticks to that material, other than velcro and it also has to withstand the heat under the hood. I think I may just end up putting frisket paper on it and airbrushing it myself with some of the materials I have in my studio. I personally like all the variety coming out of the woodwork for customization. I don't subscribe to a lot of it, but it is interesting. All part of the creative process. We all seek to have something a bit different, which is why I bought my SSR in the first place. I want to preserve the incredibly beautiful styling yet make it unique to my own tastes and whimsical ideas without destroying the flow and beauty of the SSR's unique attributes. :seeya
I have had the vinyl stickers on the under hood of my SSR for 10 months -6,000 miles with a supercharger for added heat and they still look like new.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No reorder needed...

cruzned said:
I did not get the domed type and also had trouble lining them up, but took my time and used a pair of tweezers, actually two pair, to manipulate them into position. I used the round end of paintbrush to push them into place. I wrapped terry cloth over the brush handle to prevent damaging the vinyl too and that worked nicely. They were pretty inexpensive so I would just order another set and try again.
I messed up the R in the bed sill and just sent an email. He sent me a new one, no charge.

For those that asked about colors, they come in any color you can imagine. Just drop Ed an email and he'll hook you up.

Diggs

1 - 20 of 30 Posts