Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Part # 17800259, the door sill trim plate package, includes 2 door sill covers, and a tail gate sill cover.

Thank you for choosing www.GmPartsDirect.com

Below sent 12/28/2005 10:51 CST

Tech 1295 is mistaken (I am tech 1307) about part number 17800259 it does not come with the tail gate sill. The GM catalog is incorrect stating that the tailgate sill is included. When I spoke with GM, GM states that the tailgate sill is not included. We apologize for the confusion.

When replying to emails please include previous emails

·
Registered
66 Posts
Door sills

OP said:
Part # 17800259, the door sill trim plate package, includes 2 door sill covers, and a tail gate sill cover.

If that is the case, someone owes me a tail gate sill cover. My daughter ordered same part # and gave to me for Christmas. Box contained only door sill covers.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
I 'd like to see a picture of the one for the tailgate. I didn't think it was available..........

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
I've read all the stuff about them , and yes they say three,but with all the SSR owners here,surely someone has pictures of the tailgate sill.Only two came when I ordered....

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,371 Posts
Me too . . .

I have the satin sill plates - only 2 door plates in kit, no tailgate sill (darn it!).

Blast

·
Registered
374 Posts
Has to be a mistake

My kit only had door sills, not tail gate. Could have been something they intended originally, then decided just to make it door sills only... and some old text is still out there...

If anybody GAS, I order the vinyl "dome" insert decals for the tail gate only. These are the dome decals, silver for the SS and bars, Red for the R.

Been meaning to get them on, but I park outside and it's been to friggin cold.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Only Two

THE SILL PLATES ONLY COME IN FOR THE DOORS . I TALKED TO GM PAR TEC THEY WERE GOING TO COME WITH THEM. BUT DROPPED THEM FROM PRODUCTION BEFORE THEY WERE MADE. BUT NOT ALL DEPARTMENTS GOT THE MEMO. INTERNELL OOPS. SORRY THEY ARE NOT AVALABLE. WISH THEY WERE I HAVE THEM ON MY TRUCK. IVE SOLD ABOUT SIX SETS. IM THE PARTS MANAGER AT A GM DEALER SORRY EVERYBODY.......MARK:seeya

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
See Above

Edited my first thread

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like it...

...but I have sent another email asking if the tailgate sill is available separately, but I doubt it is...I will update if I get an answer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
OP said:

Below sent 12/28/2005 10:51 CST

Tech 1295 is mistaken (I am tech 1307) about part number 17800259 it does not come with the tail gate sill. The GM catalog is incorrect stating that the tailgate sill is included. When I spoke with GM, GM states that the tailgate sill is not included. We apologize for the confusion.

When replying to emails please include previous emails
http://search.ebay.com/ssr-sill-pla...tZQ2d1QQsaprchiZQQsaprcloZQQssPageNameZRC0023

try this on ebay!

·
Registered
14 Posts
RSSRTOY said:
THE SILL PLATES ONLY COME IN FOR THE DOORS . I TALKED TO GM PAR TEC THEY WERE GOING TO COME WITH THEM. BUT DROPPED THEM FROM PRODUCTION BEFORE THEY WERE MADE. BUT NOT ALL DEPARTMENTS GOT THE MEMO. INTERNELL OOPS. SORRY THEY ARE NOT AVALABLE. WISH THEY WERE I HAVE THEM ON MY TRUCK. IVE SOLD ABOUT SIX SETS. IM THE PARTS MANAGER AT A GM DEALER SORRY EVERYBODY.......MARK:seeya
try this on ebay
http://search.ebay.com/ssr-sill-pla...tZQ2d1QQsaprchiZQQsaprcloZQQssPageNameZRC0023

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
GM parts got back to me. The chrome comes only for the doors. The chrome satin set has a tail gate piece.

This is their reply:
Thanks for your inquiry. The bright chrome kit includes door pieces. The
satin chrome includes 2 door pieces and a tailgate piece. Please let us know
if you have any additional questions.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
cruzned said:
GM parts got back to me. The chrome comes only for the doors. The chrome satin set has a tail gate piece.

This is their reply:

My Satin Chrome set only came with door sills...............Dang it!:banghead

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cruzned said:

This is their reply:
wrong

1 - 20 of 50 Posts