Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone know for sure the size of the large door speekers? I have bought replacement small speakers but figure if I'm doing it... I might as well replace the large ones as well. I figure I'll have to make a mounting plate similar to the original for fitment.
Also what frequency are these speakers? Are the actually base or subs? For those who have replaced them, did you install traps? If so what frequency?
Just wanta get everything together to I can do it in one pop.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump... Just bought the stereo so I wanta do this Sooooo.
Anyone have input on the large door speakers??
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,300 Posts
Hello
Changed my radio out to a big screen Pioneer, used stock speakers and amp, no issues and sounds great.

·
Daily Driver
8,976 Posts
Why are you replacing the speakers? They are part of a system, Bose system, designed and engineered to work together as a unit.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,449 Posts
Why are you replacing the speakers? They are part of a system, Bose system, designed and engineered to work together as a unit.
Yeah, but if you read his second post it mentioned that he bought a new stereo unit. So it sounds like no more Bose for his ride if he had it, maybe it was a base model without the Bose.

If you are pulling all the Bose speakers and amp out, there are actually 6 speakers in the R,
two 3.5 mids in doors
two 8 inch subs in doors
and lastly the two 3.5 mids behind the seats.

If you are replacing just the speakers and head unit and keeping the amp make sure you get an interface unit to properly power the system. Also note that the Bose speakers are an odd impedance (ohms) and not compatible with most other stereo outputs.

If you do not have the Bose but rather the base stereo, then I am not sure of sizes.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the preamium bose
Bought a kenwood dnx994s deck
Changing the rear speakers to infinity Kappa
Front small to some Fosgates with a base trap.
From what I've found on the Web... the large doors are 6.75...i don't know if that's the base or preamium system... Hence why I'm asking if anyone has replaced them. I didn't think speaker size would have changed with base or preamium systems.... Components yes but size no?
Also I didn't know if there a true sub or a midrange.
Also using a crux interface, as I've been told by many sources there less problematic than the Pac units.
I'm planning on using the stock Bose amp

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,449 Posts
I have the preamium bose
Bought a kenwood dnx994s deck
Changing the rear speakers to infinity Kappa
Front small to some Fosgates with a base trap.
From what I've found on the Web... the large doors are 6.75...i don't know if that's the base or preamium system... Hence why I'm asking if anyone has replaced them. I didn't think speaker size would have changed with base or preamium systems.... Components yes but size no?
Also I didn't know if there a true sub or a midrange.
Also using a crux interface, as I've been told by many sources there less problematic than the Pac units.
I'm planning on using the stock Bose amp

Hmmmm, Bose amp with different ohm speakers? I guess it should be okay, they should be built rather tough and I am sure someone has already done it.
Yes, the 6.75 is the base model speaker dimension. Same outer shell but different mounting.
Mid or sub? Well, no specs I can find, most likely a mix between the two. I know they cannot hold a lot of bass but then they are mounted in an odd area for it. If you soundproof the door properly it probably gets a ton better.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts