Chevy SSR Forum banner

Door Striker Covers

8K views 65 replies 19 participants last post by  Mr Met 
#1 ·
I was looking around on eBay today and found these door striker covers that I thought might look nice on our SSRs. Was looking to get your feedback and comments on these. Unfortunately most of these are made in China.
Vehicle Car Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior Auto part
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle door Automotive wheel system
Pedometer Technology Auto part Electronic device Watch phone
Product Material property Font Auto part Metal

See less See more
#6 ·
I didn't see any on Mike's site but I went ahead and bought some from eBay. I got the 2-piece ones that fit the Chevy Spark. It looks like a closer match to our style of striker than the 1-piece. I will let you know how they fit when I get them from China in about a month. Thanks for finding this Marc.

#14 ·
Hi Everyone --- I ordered the one piece versions from a place that ships from U.S. I think they originally come from China, but are more readily available from stock here.

BUT!!!!!! The one piece versions DO NOT fit our door strikers. I tried several times, including grinding our some of the center hole, and still no fit. They're still sitting in my SSR box of "stuff".

The 2 piece version might fit better. I'm anxious to see the results.

#19 ·
OK, package received. First thing I realized that it was only enough for 2 doors, none to share. Even though the picture shows four sets, the ad actually stated 2 sets and I didn't notice. Note to self - Read ads more carefully.

It was well packaged and arrived damage-free. Thin metal (probably aluminum) with 3M double-sided tape. Here is what I received:

Before:

After:

The hardest part was removing the backing from the tape. A small screwdriver helped with that. I didn't notice that it was a little off until I just saw these pictures. There is no detent or groove to help them align. I'm happy with the results for $13. Get the 2-piece model if you are going to order them.

Now back to garage to adjust my OCD. 🤪

#21 ·
OK, package received. First thing I realized that it was only enough for 2 doors, none to share. Even though the picture shows four sets, the ad actually stated 2 sets and I didn't notice. Note to self - Read ads more carefully.

It was well packaged and arrived damage-free. Thin metal (probably aluminum) with 3M double-sided tape. Here is what I received:
View attachment 580655

Before:
View attachment 580654

After:
View attachment 580656 View attachment 580657

The hardest part was removing the backing from the tape. A small screwdriver helped with that. I didn't notice that it was a little off until I just saw these pictures. There is no detent or groove to help them align. I'm happy with the results for $13. Get the 2-piece model if you are going to order them.

Now back to garage to adjust my OCD. 🤪
I like em! If I know you, you have a link!

#35 ·
They really look sharp but I am going out of my way to not buy anything from China right now if I can at all avoid it. Just me.

Reactions: Marc NY
#37 ·
@PokerGuy I received a couple of messages from the ebay seller asking for year/make/model and a photo of the door strike. Did they ask you the same questions? I told him that I wanted the ones shown in the ad for the Chevy spark and sent him copies of your photos for reference. Hope that's enough. :unsure:

#42 ·
@Marc NY ... you could order a blank set if they have them. take to a trophy shop who has a laser and give them the SSR logo pic and they can etch it for you. then just fill with the paint colors you want. remember we did that with the waterfall badge for Purple Hawk....

Reactions: Marc NY
#44 ·
My set of chrome arrived a week ago but I was traveling so PokerGuy beat me to the punch. We must have ordered from the same vendor -- they asked what application and asked for a photo. They fit great! BUT, I wasn't sure about chrome on my R. I have been blacking out most everything. So, black chrome would be intriguing. In the interim, I installed black ones. See photos. Minimum modifications required.

Attachments

#46 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.