Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Spirited driver!
1,306 Posts
I didn't see any on Mike's site but I went ahead and bought some from eBay. I got the 2-piece ones that fit the Chevy Spark. It looks like a closer match to our style of striker than the 1-piece. I will let you know how they fit when I get them from China in about a month. Thanks for finding this Marc.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't see any on Mike's site but I went ahead and bought some from eBay. I got the 2-piece ones that fit the Chevy Spark. It looks like a closer match to our style of striker than the 1-piece. I will let you know how they fit when I get them from China in about a month. Thanks for finding this Marc.
I would like to see the two-piece one that you just ordered. Perhaps you can share a picture of what it looks like?

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'll split that pack with you if your interested Marc.
Sounds like a plan! If and when I do order it I will gladly give you the other two. For now I am going to search around a little bit more for some possible other options etc. before I do buy. They are really not that expensive ($12.00 ish) but I am hoping others might find some other great "options" first like @PokerGuy has done. (y)

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Thanks for posting...been watching the ads and video's on FB page...for several weeks...keep us informed...thanks once again...
vp

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,080 Posts
So the two piece has a filler in the middle with seams and one piece leaves a hole with no seams in it.
Both look good in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Hi Everyone --- I ordered the one piece versions from a place that ships from U.S. I think they originally come from China, but are more readily available from stock here.

BUT!!!!!! The one piece versions DO NOT fit our door strikers. I tried several times, including grinding our some of the center hole, and still no fit. They're still sitting in my SSR box of "stuff".

The 2 piece version might fit better. I'm anxious to see the results.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Everyone --- I ordered the one piece versions from a place that ships from U.S. I think they originally come from China, but are more readily available from stock here.

BUT!!!!!! The one piece versions DO NOT fit our door strikers. I tried several times, including grinding our some of the center hole, and still no fit. They're still sitting in my SSR box of "stuff".

The 2 piece version might fit better. I'm anxious to see the results.
I went to order the one piece and I checked out my SSR to see if they would fit and it said NO it doesn't fit your vehicle.

So I am hoping that perhaps the two-piece one will work out. 😏

·
Spirited driver!
1,306 Posts
I was looking at the one piece originally but since Marc was kind enough to provide a pic of his striker it got me to thinking that wouldn't work. That's why I ordered the 2 piece. I will post pics the day they arrive.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yes let us know on that door striker as I approached two of the sites in China asking if they would fit and they asked me to send photos of the striker, that was about 9 days ago and still no reply so I am guessing they will not fit ???

·
Spirited driver!
1,306 Posts
OK, package received. First thing I realized that it was only enough for 2 doors, none to share. Even though the picture shows four sets, the ad actually stated 2 sets and I didn't notice. Note to self - Read ads more carefully.

It was well packaged and arrived damage-free. Thin metal (probably aluminum) with 3M double-sided tape. Here is what I received:

Before:

After:

The hardest part was removing the backing from the tape. A small screwdriver helped with that. I didn't notice that it was a little off until I just saw these pictures. There is no detent or groove to help them align. I'm happy with the results for $13. Get the 2-piece model if you are going to order them.

Now back to garage to adjust my OCD. 🤪

1 - 20 of 63 Posts