Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
The other day my driver side door did not "gap" or open a bit before opening the door. I almost ripped the seal out as I didnt expect it :eek ?? I went to the pax side and it did not want to drop down either. Opening the door when they are sealed is not good. :mad
After I cycled the ignition things went back to normal.

Did I do something wrong with the FOB ?

Has anyone had this problem also ?

Cheers !
Pretzel~

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Check out the tips and tricks thread at the top of the technical forum.
Look for the Auto-Window trick.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Pretzel said:
Hello,
The other day my driver side door did not "gap" or open a bit before opening the door. I almost ripped the seal out as I didnt expect it :eek ?? I went to the pax side and it did not want to drop down either. Opening the door when they are sealed is not good. :mad
After I cycled the ignition things went back to normal.

Did I do something wrong with the FOB ?

Has anyone had this problem also ?

Cheers !
Pretzel~
Had the same problem with my 05. Tried the re-set thing worked for a while. Took it in for service, and they replaced the door switch. Works fine now. Should be a warranty thing so no charge. :) :seeya :flag

·
Registered
203 Posts
Argo-7 said:
Using window control put the window up and hold for 5 or more seconds and then put it down for 5 or more seconds computer should reset . Car has to be turned on :) to the point you can use your windows up & down . Happens Every time I reset my mas air flow sensor by taking the + Keep off for a least 15 minutes and make sure you do no touch any metal with the tool you are using or it may arch Just like puting metal in the mircro wave :lol Never blew a fuse so far but have had it happen once that was enough for be me to be a lot more carfull and I wll have to redue it when I install my headers and exhaust which are on the way from in the next two weeks I hope From the Group purchase from TBYRNE MotorSports. If you have to take the + off for some reason put both windows down it is easer on the seals Too start this way!
If I understand your post you are removing the "positive" lead on the battery?
If so, you should stop. Always remove the "negative" lead. This will eliminate the spark when reconnecting. Also you can damage electrical components like computer and such when connecting a "positive" cable. Always, always, disconnect "negative" lead.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Argo-7,
No one can force you to do it properly. Just letting you know the proper way. Worked as a professional automotive technician for 21 years, seen MANY computers fried due to voltage spikes because of improper battery disconnects. Not sure if dealer will warranty a fried computer caused by improper repair procedures performed by owner. If you get a spark on the neg cable when connected you have either left something on, have a short, or a voltage draw. It should not spark. Just my 2 cents.
P.S. When you jump start someone same issue. Always connect negative cables last.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Speaking of batteries, I learned some other SSR factoids today at the dealership!!!

Talking to the sales guy ( the same one who told me about the 3rd button memory for the seat) he mentioned that GM was going to start putting the batteries in the trunk, or under the truck beds in all future cars. The SSR has it there, the cobalt and probably more he didn't mention. He asked me if I knew why? I said, I just figured it was due to lack of room under the hood with that monster engine. He said not completely.....
Senerio......
In your past experiences with dead batteries, when and where are you when they die.?

Parked in the garage, nose first.
Parked in a parking spot facing the building.
And even if you can get another vehicle beside you, the batteries are never on the same side. So where does help come from?

Behind the vehicle so it just make sense to locate the battery in the rear of the vehicle too!!! TA DA!!!!

Hey Jim can you put this in your book!!!!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
It's partly a design issue. The battery takes a big chunk of space under the hood. A place that is getting increasingly crowded. My Sebring had it's battery in the left wheel well, in front of the tire. To get it out, the wheel had to be removed. It too had a place, under the hood, for the attachment of jumpers.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hello,
Got the battery charged.
The window reset in this post and in the tips section fixed my problem.
Thanks everyone.

Cheers !
Pretzel~

1 - 11 of 11 Posts